Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyones leather looking a little tired & tatty? check this out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyones leather looking a little tired & tatty? check this out!

this stuff in a way saved me nearly 2 grand! so thought you might like to see!
    my mrs has just brought an audi tt and wanted me to buy her one that was nearly 2k more just because the interior was in better condition!
    so i promised her i could get her seats looking like new! and she'd seen the results i had on my bmw(bottom pics) and agreed to go for the cheaper one (which had less miles and a better service history by the way!)
    anyway before

during! still drying but you can see how well the bolster came up!

and after! i used 3 coats of 20% dye 80% water

and im gonna need a new bottle of the conditioner as the leather was thirsty and drank half a bottle!
    but the mrs is well impressed and loves the new car smell!
    so thanks john!( bespoke leathering! ) :wink:

and the before and afters on mine!

before

after

before

after

before

after

and then after doing just the bits that needed it it made the other bits look a bit shiney so basically ended up doing the whole interior
    and it basically looks brand new!

and i still have over half the bottle of dye left!

GIVING STANCE A CHANCE!

Looks awesome but how about some details on what you used!
    Last edited by twincamRob; 06-03-2011, 08:04 PM.
    Robbie S.

Originally posted by [b]Hunter S. Thompson[/b]
    but what now, what comes next...

Comment

Wow! I wish I'd done something like that on my Lexus before selling it. What's the secret?

Comment

I'd love to see a write up on this. I've got a few things I would like to dye black in my car, and would love to see the process.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

sorry guys thought id said in the 1st post its called a scuffmaster kit and heres where i got it from bespokeleathering.com
          all instructions etc are on the site too but its simple really!

GIVING STANCE A CHANCE!

Comment

looks like something i could definitely use. interested in how it holds up over time...in heat, getting wet, etc. would **** for it to rub off on my clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
              looks like something i could definitely use. interested in how it holds up over time...in heat, getting wet, etc. would **** for it to rub off on my clothes.
              the vaders in the pics were done about a year ago now and still look exactly the same!
              and no it doesnt rub off on your clothes although its recommended to leave them for 24 hours before you do use them!

GIVING STANCE A CHANCE!

Comment

it sounds almost too good to be true

build thread?

Comment

WoW.... wished they had something like this for my Lexus!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

thanks for that mate very helpfull been searching for something to fix my seats for ages.
                    by the way where did you get the carbon fiber pieces for your consul, handles and switches?

Comment

Working...
                    X