Should be an easy fitment question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should be an easy fitment question

Might be getting my hands on some 16x9 all around bbs rs' two piece off an older corvette for some winter wheels. I'd probably run a 45 sidewall. Any problem fitting these on a 96 328is?

what offset are the wheels?

www.stancefactory.com

Comment

uh you mean besides the fact that most older vette wheel offsets are in the 50's..

BalleurBuilt•DSDone
      form>function
      "i mean we cant even rock dem shoes if it dont got a comma on the price tag..."

Comment

The guy I'm buying them from on craigslist has no idea the specs other than the specs I posted. I am a complete fitment noob so I'm not sure what I would need to make these work. Halp.

Comment

you should meet him to see the wheels in person and check the back of the wheel, most wheels have the specs stamped on the back. then once you figure the offsets we can decipher how big of a spacer you need to run and then that will decipher what size tire to run...

without specs we cant help much besides tellin you that yes a 45 series sidewall would work on a 9' wide wheel.. just like a 45 sidewall would work on any other width wheel aswell

BalleurBuilt•DSDone
          form>function

Comment

The biggest problem with this theory is that with winter wheels you want to go skinnier, not wider. I'm sure you care little about performance, just food for thought. The best winter wheels imo are stockers cause they're nice and skinny but they look fine. Save wide and low for when there's no snow.

Luke

Comment

I'll email him and ask him for pics of the back of the wheel. I was saying I'd run 45 series sidewall so I could still go decently low and not drag my bumper around. I don't have any stockers either, my current wheels are 18x8.5's and they got torn up last winter.

Comment

Sweet, so I emailed him asking for a picture of the backs. This was his response...

"forget it sold"

lol

Comment

Thanks anyway guys.

Comment

So I got the feeling that the wheels weren't really sold since they were only posted for a few hours and I think he just got fed up because he couldn't answer my questions. So, I emailed him with another email account and he said he still has them. I'm checking them out this week.

lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Mateen9 View Post
                      So I got the feeling that the wheels weren't really sold since they were only posted for a few hours and I think he just got fed up because he couldn't answer my questions. So, I emailed him with another email account and he said he still has them. I'm checking them out this week.

lol.
                      LOL I **** it when people do that on craigslist. All they have to do is flip the wheel over and check the offset.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Njdub View Post
                        LOL I **** it when people do that on craigslist. All they have to do is flip the wheel over and check the offset.

Word. One more question. Say I flip the wheel over and it is _____ offset.

When would it not be worth it to try and put these on my e36?

Comment

i say its already not worth it, theyre 16's which is already a fail on an E36 considering that you are for sure gonna nbeed to put a stretched tire on there to fit a 9" wide wheel that is more than likely gonna need a beefy adapter which means that in order to get it sittin right that thing is gonna have to be slammed and on 16's it would be extremly low

BalleurBuilt•DSDone
                          form>function

Comment

Yeah I have too many doubts building up around this. Plus, I found some local m3 wheels for pretty cheap for winter. How can I delete threads? Lol

Mods go ahead and lock/delete this bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by balleur View Post
                              i say its already not worth it, theyre 16's which is already a fail on an E36 considering that you are for sure gonna nbeed to put a stretched tire on there to fit a 9" wide wheel that is more than likely gonna need a beefy adapter which means that in order to get it sittin right that thing is gonna have to be slammed and on 16's it would be extremly low
                              And this is a problem?
                              Originally posted by da3bous
                              I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Working...
                              X