Oz Futura's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oz Futura's.

Got plans for my currents wheels just trying to pick some brains and see what would appeal best.

I currently have Oz furtura's

17x8 +45 20mm spacer new et +25
    17x9 +45 30mm spacer new et +15

I'm looking to get bigger lips restore everything blah blah blah. First, Does anyone have the 10pt tool that they would lend to me? Secondly if I were to purchase wider lips. For the rear I am looking at doing a 3 inch or 3.5 How much wider would the wheel be? and what would be the new specs. Third.. I don't know if anyone has experience with the lips on a oz if that is different from any other but would just buying rear lips and using my stock rears for fronts be noticable?

new wheel width will depend on original lip size. you didn't mention the key variable.

original offset - additional width/2 = new offset

ie +2" lip (~50mm)

45 - 50/2 = 20

that's without the spacer. personally i would skip the spacer in favor of more lip since you're buying new ones anyway.

offset is (even more) worthless (than usual) in this scenario since the backspacing will remain the same. just measure how much more lip you can fit.

some aftermarket lips look different so if you use an original up front and an aftermarket rear there could be a minor difference. it all depends on what you buy.

Comment

Most def. the spacers are there to give the idea im going for until the wheels are finished.

I'm not too clear on my stock lips I'm gonna have to guess 1 inch. front and 2 inch rears??

So the formula were looking at is.

(Offset - New lip) / 2 = New ET.

Comment

no...

offset-([new lip-old lip]/2)=new et

but like i said, it's a pointless number only used for nut checking and chest pounding.

*edit - to explain the equation so maybe it will make more sense: if you are adding 50mm (~2") of lip the centerline moves outward half of that distance (25mm).
        Last edited by BLKonBLK98; 10-23-2009, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Do you want to re-use the OEM bolts?
          Real name is James

Comment

Gotcha.

No I want to convert to bbs bolts which are 12pt I dont want to have to deal with the 10pt bolts again.

Comment

Originally posted by BLKonBLK98 View Post
              no...

offset-([new lip-old lip]/2)=new et

but like i said, it's a pointless number only used for nut checking and chest pounding.

*edit - to explain the equation so maybe it will make more sense: if you are adding 50mm (~2") of lip the centerline moves outward half of that distance (25mm).
              No that makes perfect sense.

Comment

Originally posted by KarlSpackler View Post
                Do you want to re-use the OEM bolts?
                How hard is it to find new bolts? I also have a set of OZ Futuras that I am refinishing and am looking for options on what to do with the bolts. Recently I have been toying with the idea of some kind of purple finish to them considering my car is daytona violet.

What kind of work is involved with refinishing bolts? they arnt in too bad of shape but I can tell it will for sure take a lot of work just to get them prepped for painting/powerd/whatever. Also what would you recommend for a solid finish?

Would you recommend not re-using the bolts to begin with?

Sorry for butting into your thread, maybe this will also help you though.

EDIT: sorry, I do have a tool that I would lend you, but you may have to wait a bit as I am in the process with mine. Keep me updated and let me know when your wanting to start with yours, and your plans.

Comment

^here's a place to buy new rim screws and tools
                  SLAMMED GARAGE
                  slammedgarage@hotmail.com

Comment

Yeah I'm not in a real rush to get it done I would rather wait to get the lips and new hardware and have everything ready. Then one day just bang it out and send the tool back

Ideally I would like new hardware 12pt tho. I dont want to have to deal with 10pt anymore than I already do...

Comment

Working...
                    X