NY Tri-State regional?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Tri-State regional?

I was looking through the regional sections and noticed that there isn't one for the NY tristate region...It seems to be left out or lumped in with new england. NY NJ CT are not really part of New england and seeing as how the number of members from Long Island, CT and NJ seems to be growing everyday I was wondering if there was a way to make a New York Tristate regional section. Id like to have a sort of "home base" where us tristaters can congregate and organize get togethers and other local affairs from.
    I hope theres something that can be worked out.
    Thank you in advance

hello? admins attention please. I pm'd mike and ben about this...anyone there?

Comment

CT is definitely part of New England, shit most of the members that frequent the forum from the Northeast are PA, CT, RI, and NY state, much of the tristate. I don't get why it matters right now, clearly there isn't even much interest in the NE forums let alone desire for tristate forum.
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
        CT is definitely part of New England, shit most of the members that frequent the forum from the Northeast are PA, CT, RI, and NY state, much of the tristate. I don't get why it matters right now, clearly there isn't even much interest in the NE forums let alone desire for tristate forum.
        Theres a SHIT load of members in the Tri-state that are on this forum but don't have a regional section of there own.

Mike himself plans events on LI on a regular basis so I can see why he would like to keep them seperate. I'm pretty sure it would get used and it doesn't really cost us anything to seperate them.

At the same time NY members just use:

So theres two sides to it all.
        Mike i'll look into it.
        Last edited by 525iT_Feen; 05-24-2011, 09:16 AM.

Comment

I mean seriously it costs nothing and as someone who hosts events with some frenquency Id like to have a separate place to post about them. NY NJ and CT actually IS considered tristate

again there are TONS of tristate members and it makes no sense for one of the largest groups of members not to have a section to themselves for their own events and local gatherings. So if I wanna put up a Long Island meet its got to get mixed in with shit for maine and vermont? I can almost guarantee if there was a tristate section it would get tons of use. Sure the other sections are being used by tristaters now with no problem...why? Uhh cus they have no other choice.
          Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by 525iT_Feen View Post
            Theres a SHIT load of members in the Tri-state that are on this forum but don't have a regional section of there own.

Mike himself plans events on LI on a regular basis so I can see why he would like to keep them seperate. I'm pretty sure it would get used and it doesn't really cost us anything to seperate them.

Mike i'll look into it.
            Thanks a bunch Olek. I appreciate it!

Comment

+ 1 ^^..... ill host a meet at my shop in north jersey for tri-state members..

Comment

any movement on this?

Comment

Originally posted by 525iT_Feen View Post

Mike i'll look into it.
                  I understand that, shit I live in the tristate. What I meant was that neither regional forum gets used if at all. The meets shows and events subforum would be the best place for that kind of stuff.

I was just tossing my 2 cents into the equation.
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

So....anything??

Comment

Working...
                    X