What car would you buy for $13-15k?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What car would you buy for $13-15k?

Going to be getting a loan and buying a second car soon. I want something newer. The 2 I have in mind are miles apart haha. They are a 2003 S430 Benz or a 2008 Yaris Hatchback (with which I would buy coilovers and wheels right off the bat). Idk, something about a slammed yaris just makes me wet. There was one at SOTU. I've always wanted a classy benz. It'll probably kill me on insurance but I think I'd be worth it. There are many other cars I want but these 2 are my top at the moment

What would you get?

Comment

Lexus LS400 get low and put wheels on it.
      chUD..........Asphalt-sux

"Success causes envy , jealousy & hatred from the un-successful !!!! "Gregg Valentino

Comment

Originally posted by Russell_G View Post
        Lexus LS400 get low and put wheels on it.
        After seeing the Lexus' at SOTU, I've definitely been checking them out

Comment

you can get a older gs400 for under 10 same with an older ls400 the 430's are a bit more but lots of people like that style more.

the old ones are clean

This one makes me want to get an older one but i really want the 99-01 body

"Success causes envy , jealousy & hatred from the un-successful !!!! "Gregg Valentino

Comment

^ I'll have to check them out when I get home (can't see most pics on work comp )

I like the newer ones but the older ones can look nice too. How reliable are they? I'd assume lexus are good cars but I've never owned or known anyone who has.

Buying a new car sucks because you want so many different kinds but can only pick one

Comment

The ls400 is supposed to be reliable if cared for. I always like getting a cheaper car cause you can spend more money on them. I **** car loans too.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell_G View Post
                The ls400 is supposed to be reliable if cared for. I always like getting a cheaper car cause you can spend more money on them. I **** car loans too.
                I'm with you on that. I **** loans period but I'm getting sick of my e36 having all the problems in the world. I really want something I can just drive and enjoy. Luxury sedan is what I had in mind. Not sure what I'll get yet.

I really would like a newer car that won't break down but I'm beginning to realize that all cars have problems... I bought my e36 for $3500 and after 3 years I've got repair bills totaling $9k. Anything you can name has gone wrong with it haha.
                Last edited by 325irollin; 10-23-2009, 03:38 AM.

Comment

maybe ill get an older s420 benz and slam it. They are pretty cheap

Comment

This is the kind I'd take out a loan for :droooool:

Comment

I like the idea of a new gen. Yaris slammed!
                      I really think you should go with the Yaris...

Comment

the ls400s are tanks regarding reliability as long as the maintenance schedule is followed (look for one with records). they hit 300k miles regularly. i paid $3kish for my 92 with <130k miles and a couple minor issues (took more time to id than fix). that leaves a lot of mod money.

i'd rather have the s420 (plan on buying one next year). big problem on that one is some a/c issue that costs a grip to fix. nobody diy's it so i haven't seen what's involved besides $2k+. 98-99 are the ones to get. maintenance records with that a/c repair would be a plus.

for a second car the smart thing to do would be go new or cpo so that everything is warrantied. it sucks having a couple cars that are all down with issues. but being smart is rarely as fun...

Comment

S430 or do the LS.
                          -Jay

Comment

I'd probably by 7 really old pieces of shit and spend the next 30 years fixing them up.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

Originally posted by TheNeek View Post
                              I'd probably by 7 really old pieces of shit and spend the next 30 years fixing them up.
                              Same except it would take me twice as long.

Comment

Working...
                              X