Bracket Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracket Help!

So I need help, I have Universal Air Double Play bags up front over a set of koni yellows. It rides super high even when aired out, to the point that there is still fender gap. Recently I ordered a pair of raceland front struts for a cheap and effective way to get our fronts down. We had plans of being done with the suspension before Wustefest, but our deadline is coming to a very quick close. After asking for help from a few people, weeks went by and they inevitably flaked leaving me to try to make them myself.

I am looking to know if these ideas would work and also how others accomplished making their own brackets.

So my first idea was welding my bracket cutout to the upper coilover collar to be able to have it threaded in the center and ultimately lock it in place with the bottom bracket. I would/have essentially cut a ~5in circle out of aluminum and a smaller 2.5in hole in the center of that. Doing so let me slide the "bracket" over the collar and I could have the two welded together;

Second idea and a bit more ghetto, if I wasn't able to get a hold of someone to weld the bracket for me was to wedge the bracket plate in between the two collars and lock them in place. Would this work? When I hand tightened the collars with the bracket in between, the bracket wouldn't budge. Would this be enough to keep the bag from spinning when I tighten both? Here is what that would look like;

Would either of these two methods be a viable option in keeping the bag from spinning around? If anyone has any other suggestions, please chime in, we have about 2 weeks til the show and we look pretty well fucked at this point.

- Carlos

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

Working...
    X