Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air line question for paddle valves

Hey all

I bought a simple fbss UAS kit with 4 paddle valves.

Question is should I run 2 air line from the tank to the front and back (splitting before the switch), or 1 line and split it into 4?

I assume 2 line would lift the car a little faster, but not sure...

I think this should all be correct...

paddle valves only accept 1/4" line

area of 1/4" line = (1/2*d)^2*pi = (1/8)^2*pi ~ .049
    area of 3/8" line = (1/2*d)^2*pi = (3/16)^2*pi ~ .110
    area of 1/2" line = (1/2*d)^2*pi = (1/4)^2*pi ~ .196

the paddle valves will limit your speed if you run two 3/8" lines from your tank, both splitting to two 1/4" lines to the valves, since the area of 3/8" line is more than two times the area of 1/4" line.
    the air line will limit your speed if you run one 1/2" line from your tank, splitting to two 3/8" lines, each splitting to two 1/4" lines to the valves, since the area of 1/2" line is less than two times the area of 3/8" line. (slower than the first option)
    if you can somehow split one 1/2" line directly to four 1/4" lines without using the 3/8" lines, then the air line won't limit your speed since four times the area of 1/4" line is slightly less than the area of 1/2" line. (same speed as first option)

Comment

I would run two supply's from the tank and then split each one once. Or if you have enough fittings/ tank ports, run one supply to each valve.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Working...
      X