UAS Bag on B&G RS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAS Bag on B&G RS2

Any one ever got a UAS Convoluted Bag over the B&G's RS2?

Thanks for any help on this matter...
    E90 LCI 328xi / Autosupreme Coutures / Mission:Conquer Slamming AWD BMW #vipe90

"Chasin' the dream, never the competition..." #@lifestyle "Chromed out bimmers & Gold Alpinas......." -Dom Kennedy

"A supercar doesn't need to be incredibly wide and have enormous wheels. It must have height, stance and length. It must be as low as possible and reasonably short in length, but it still must be substantial and have an unmistakable attack in its stance."

StanceWorks....for supercars as well.

I did on my old MK4 Jetta, what do you want to know?

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
    Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

-I was concerned w/the actual outside diameter of the strut mount being bigger than the advertised max diameter that UAS gives for the convoluted bag to slip over(2.14 inches).

-Next was maybe getting a visual of someones mount set-up to keep the bag from moving around on the RS2 strut.

-And lastly, Idk if B&G uses the same diameter in all their struts for all applications and just vary the piston lengths, dampening forces, etc.

Any info you got on your install would definitely help out....appreciate the input.

"Chasin' the dream, never the competition..." #@lifestyle "Chromed out bimmers & Gold Alpinas......." -Dom Kennedy

"A supercar doesn't need to be incredibly wide and have enormous wheels. It must have height, stance and length. It must be as low as possible and reasonably short in length, but it still must be substantial and have an unmistakable attack in its stance."

Comment

1. I would just put the strut mount in place and see how it fits. I had top plates for the UAS bags and had no problems.

2. I can't find any picturs but all you have to do is make one of the notches in the adjustment perch a little bit bigger by grinding it out so that the leader line can fit nicely in place. As for keeping the bag from spinning, lock those perches tightly and use some thread lock (I ended up using thread lock after one of the bags spun a few times and ate a leader line).

3. Couldn't tell you about this for sure but I know my B&G RS2s were a lot thicker than other coilovers for MK4s.

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
        Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Thanks for that info...I'll start ordering up some stuff to play with.

Comment

Working...
          X