Cool It.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool It.

Guess who’s back? Back again? The FMU C63 AMG Oil Cooler’s back. Tell a friend!

After another brief redesign, we’ve got the oil cooler back out in the field for some real-world testing. The lucky recipient of the prototype? Why, George, of course! He jumped at the opportunity to put the cooler to the test. As for results, well, it’s been driven both hard and harder, and it’s done nothing but perform optimally so far. We have high hopes that this might be very, very close to the final design. But for now, some shots of the oil cooler attached to George’s C63.

And for those who haven’t yet seen it, here is our blog post outlining some quasi-scientific tests we ran on the first rendition of the oil cooler. Between that version and this version, only a few small changes have been made. Now enjoy the shots:

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Oh my.
    -Dale: '88 Conquest TSi

Comment

Whats the reasoning behind having it at different planes?

Comment

i wouldent think it has anything to do with the efficiancy of the part but probably to follow the contours of the bumper to make it more aesthetically pleasing, so you dont see a flat "radiator" through the grill opening on the fascia. and possibly to make it fit correctly thats a big oil cooler
        Last edited by boostncosworth; 05-12-2011, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Looks amazing..
          Originally posted by anth
          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
            Whats the reasoning behind having it at different planes?
            It makes for more surface area for cooling in the front of the cores than if it were to run in a straight line with all three in a perfect row...longer distance for the oil to travel. It also brings the back of the cooler away from the other 30 coolers (Im pretty sure there is even a cooler for the glove box in there somewhere) the C63 for some reason has placed right behind it giving it as much air flow as possible since the thickness went from about 1.5 inches stock to over 3 inches FMU.

....please direct all other questions to Oxer.
            [/SIGPIC]

Comment

Oh my god.......

Strictly Pleasure
              Allen
              82 Datsun 280ZX Turbo 5 Spd
              92 Mercedes 300CE Sportline 5 Spd

Comment

Some great fabrication there. Did you manage to get any shots of the full front end with it fitted?

Comment

Awesome Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by AJ@Fluid MotorUnion View Post
                    ....please direct all other questions to Oxer.
                    Originally posted by da3bous
                    I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Working...
                    X