No stretch look ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No stretch look ?

When for a little bit of a different look on the bmw, Pulled off the stretched tyres and picked up some new fronts from Anonymoose then got onto camskills and ordered some rears up. Wound the car up and tyres on this is how it's stitting now on the new 225/35 & 245/35 tyres, ignore the woman kicking and kneeing the car :roll: can now get over cat eyes

Get no rubbing at all. If anything I pulled the back arches too much but its done now and doesnt look bad

Need a bit more setting up then a 4 wheel aline then I'll be happy

And two of the stars need a quick refurb so there not back on yet.

Last edited by samsam; 10-01-2011, 08:24 AM.

Glad it worked out Sam Damn x's, can't wait to see pics

Comment

you know im not keen but thats not to say it doesnt look good, just feel it looked better before thats all
      I guess with Ris' roads it was a bit of a struggle
      L I K E H E L L D E S I G N

Comment

If you hadn't raised the back it would work, you had lowered the front too much before anyway

Comment

Must...resist ...putting cool story bro picture.

My Flickr http://www.flickr.com/omex_uk

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
            Glad it worked out Sam Damn x's, can't wait to see pics
            Cheers. Can't you see the photos then?

Originally posted by SceneBM View Post
            you know im not keen but thats not to say it doesnt look good, just feel it looked better before thats all
            I guess with Ris' roads it was a bit of a struggle
            It's made it so much of a better car rather than being 15mm off the floor just for the "look"
            The grip is just mad now even with my fake LSD. You want a go

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
            If you hadn't raised the back it would work, you had lowered the front too much before anyway
            Would have been alot of reverse rake then. Yeah the under side on the front was way too low to be nailing it though back roads daily. Started wearing down the cooling fins on the sump and that is something I do not want to pop as it is a big job on these.

Comment

i love this!, wish i could get insured on a bmw cheap

Comment

Originally posted by samsam View Post
                Cheers. Can't you see the photos then?

You want a go
                Sunday, my turn. Just can't see pics at work unless it's from flicker

Comment

Comment

Im liking it just a few tweaks with the stance and it will look sweet
                    Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

^ lol.
                      Build Thread:Bagged Integra Type R DC2.

Comment

Originally posted by ajk View Post
                        ^ lol.
                        I see what you did there

Comment

Not updated this in a while so here is a chunk load of what has been going on.

Good picture of the bay with the M50 inlet and BBTB

IMG_6406 by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

Little update, Got the 3.0 M3 LSD at long last fitted and the Eibach ARB from Dips on too with new rear drop links (No pictures fitted yet)

Just flicking though found some photos I don't think I ever stuck up

One from DC11 (before I repainted the stars), next to my mates Audi that I built the split wheels for

Few from one of the past StanceWorks meets

Also something that may please Mexian, The Mexichrome paint that my wheels are now painted in has branched out to the little racers bars and forks :smt006

Got the new PBMW mag yesterday, September edition

And stumbled over this

Made a little start on the sport wheels, well just the center caps really as there one of my favorite bits on the wheels being all metal unlike the style 5's.

They were a state to start with but have come up well.

From the left is what I started with after Nitromorsing back off the duff paint, then in the middle is mid point and the last one is after some Autosole, so will still come up brighter after some Meg polish

After how much I loved the quality & 3D affect of the red BBS center caps I had on my old RC's want to get another set but in black this time as red just clashes with the Ambers, Had to hold off fitting ambers before from not having the stars on.

IMG_6546 by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

All this feel out

Everything removed in the back end all the tar like sound deadening and got rid of unessary stuff in the loom.

Onto the front next. I'm not going for a full stripped out theam once the car is done it will look just as it did before but lighter. Everything that is going back in is being removed of any execess weight. Maybe in time I will carpet over the rear seats and get some nice buckets for the front so it will still be a easy ever day liveable car

Made a start and finish on the boot last night after work.

Sticking with the full car look thats just as easy to use as a factory daily driver but lighter

So started with a bare boot after stripping it of everything

Removed the old

Pointlessly drilled some holes in the side pannels

Made and trimmed a side pannel to cover the battery & add a little extra boot space

Cut a randomly shaped bit of wood to plug the hole

Routed the edges so it sat flush in the boot

Pointlessly drill some more holes

£10 off cut roll 1.5 x 2.0 M

And trimmed

Will probably be bonding the carpet down to the blanking wood just to keep everything in place and have ordered up a cargo net aswell. So that is the boot done

Popped and saw Neil from Automac to pick up a set of mounts

(passenger set) This is how they go in can see how on the jornt e36 seats sit but with these they sit bang on

Drivers one in, was still waiting on anotherseat belt buckle so ran with just a drivers bucket for a few days

My non arm rest center consol finily came only to find some half wit has attemped to spray it gloss black :evil: trim always has to be matt coloured in my eyes so thats going back

Also made another gear extention

Ended up binning the center lap buckle and using the ones from either side in the back and made them fit so there nice and fixed in place.

And had a little 6 months update in this months PBMW

Another quick snap of the cockpit

IMG_6525 by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

Found a nice shot on the Stance|Works coverage of edition by Jordan Butters @Drifted

IMG_5684 by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

Ending with this photo, seams the weight saving added to the fuel drinking

Brimmed the tank for the first time in a long time so thought I'd make the most of it

1 tank who needs a diesel by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

Comment

i spot a girl

in for more pics

like what u did with bimmer
                            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

lol! at hols barely seeing over the dashboard haha.

Love the progress <3
                              -SW|UK-
                              Education - Knowledge - Power
                              insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

Working...
                              X