Opinions on Air Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Air Noise

I'm intrigued by hydraulics, there seems to be some benefits through quiet operation (no compressors), manageable amount of parts, possible to set it up to ride smooth but also interested in learning more about air

I'd love to hear owners thoughts on air and the noise factor, im really not down for compressors kicking in burrrring away at a stoplight. How are those accuair eXo isolator mounts they make?

The whole noise thing is the biggest thing that steers me away from air....

What do you guys think?

Unless you play with your air all the time, you won't constantly be bothered by compressors kicking in. Even less so if you have a larger air tank.

Comment

how long on a normal cruise with some stop light fun would a 5gal tank last?

Comment

If the comps are mounted nicely tucked away you barely notice them. I have a cut off switch too so i can turn them on when i like [or when i need!] and i have to turn my music right down to check if theyre even going off when i flick the switch there that quiet, and iv got two of them!
        Mine are mounted in wheel well so that helps a lot.

Once the tank is fully charged, on my 5 gal one, i get a few lifts and drops until they kick in, or i can just leave the comps off via the switch and get a few more lifts and drops until i HAVE to fill up, obviously this increases the time length to fully recharge it again however
        L I K E H E L L D E S I G N

Comment

Compressor noise is a bit annoying but if it's in a trunk (not a hatch) and underneath a false floor, it's just a dull humming sound. Now on the topic of airride noise, I absolutely **** loud dumps making PSHHHH sounds

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
          Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

interesting, thanks for the feedback. In my 68 mercedes there is no spare wheel well. lots of threads for me to look through on here to see how everyone has set theirs up

Comment

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
              Compressor noise is a bit annoying but if it's in a trunk (not a hatch) and underneath a false floor, it's just a dull humming sound. Now on the topic of airride noise, I absolutely **** loud dumps making PSHHHH sounds
              how can you **** that sound

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

what the hell does **** mean? its used like its not a swear word!?!?

Comment

Haha forgot about the word filter, h a t e

I just dislike it bc the sole purpose is to let everyone around you know that you have air ride. My old setup was silent and slow, I liked the discreetness of it

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
                    Haha forgot about the word filter, h a t e

I just dislike it bc the sole purpose is to let everyone around you know that you have air ride. My old setup was silent and slow, I liked the discreetness of it
                    yes, silent and slow would be nice. got a link to a build thread or showroom of your ride?

Comment

Never had a build thread for the Jetta but this timeline thread pretty much shows all of the progression of the car over the years until I sold it

Flickr

Comment

well it seems the Accuair eXomount helps keep noise down in the compressors.

Good thing cos I just bought it!!

Set-up is being pieced together

Comment

Sorry for raising the dead, but if you keep the same ride height the whole time, does the compressor ever come on? Or does the compressor automatically come on from time to time without messing with the ride height? Does the system slowly leak air over time (one week, month, couple months, etc)? I wouldn't mind the compressor noise if I am in full control over it.

Comment

Originally posted by userix View Post
                            Sorry for raising the dead, but if you keep the same ride height the whole time, does the compressor ever come on? Or does the compressor automatically come on from time to time without messing with the ride height? Does the system slowly leak air over time (one week, month, couple months, etc)? I wouldn't mind the compressor noise if I am in full control over it.
                            the compressors shouldn't come on while on ride height.. only after you've a certain amount of air in from your tank, by inflating (airing-up) your bags.

Their is a very small normal leakage from tanks and bags, how much depends on how good your install is. ie. fittings set properly, and also depending on your local weather.

I'm using eXo mounts, and dump mufflers, my setup is very quiet.. I just turn up the radio when the compressors turn on so I can't hear 'em. The only sounds my setup has is from the Bagyard Bomber bellows
                            TFO| STS808| JettaMKV.com

Comment

Cool, so they only come on when you flip the switch and no other time, even if it is leaking? I just don't like the idea of the compressor coming on randomly without user intervention.

Comment

Working...
                              X