Subie Swap -> Air-cooled VW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subie Swap -> Air-cooled VW

Anyone have any experience in doing a Subaru swap into an air-cooled VW? My friend has an older VW and wants to use it as his daily, but his original motor keeps having problems and is too unreliable to drive it every day. He says that he wants to swap in a Subaru motor and transmission. He says that people have done it already. He isn't any type of mechanic so he's trying to get a shop to do it for him and he has money. If anyone has a tab on a shop that has done this before maybe post up here or pm me. It doesn't need to be local to FL I don't think, he lives in New Orleans atm. We can talk about pricing and the details in pm's or emails. Or I would just give you his e-mail so you can talk to him directly. Thanks guys.
    Instagram: danimal._
    Mercedes Build Thread
    Falcon Build Thread

i might know a guy....
    Originally posted by Jesus Christ
    the VW community is weird. dont try to understand, its like understanding africa.
    Instagram: bigslowchevy

Comment

id start talking to local subie shops and vw shops and see what they say, id also look at the local motorsports shops in that area, Jensen Motorsports might be able to to help point you guys in the right direction they are located around that area i believe.

Comment

I know Hecker Machine Works makes an adapter kit to work with the OG transmission for a bug. It may work for whatever air-cooled VW your friend has.

Originally posted by Longboarding_G
        you sir, win this battle.
        “Producing something of quality is obsessing over details nobody sees.”

Comment

Hilltop motors http://hilltopmotors.webs.com/ yeah it says audi to but trust me... these guys know what they ar doing
          Originally posted by Jesus Christ
          the VW community is weird. dont try to understand, its like understanding africa.
          Instagram: bigslowchevy

Comment

go to the conversion perversions section of shoptalkforums.com ittl tell ya all you wanna know!
            Join the dark side:The Boog Build Thread

Comment

Working...
            X