Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any point trying to make this somewhat legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any point trying to make this somewhat legal?

Hi all, new here and just purchased a set of Rota Grid's in 17x9 +12 and 17x9.5 +12.
    To say the least they stick out a fair bit and I know Melbournes strict on the whole hoon laws. Just wondering if any kind of rolling/pumping/flaring/pulling would make this somewhat legal or less illegal? Or should I just sell them off and get a set in more offset and less width?
    I use it as a daily, and a P-plater so already have a whole lot of attention without stance.
    Keen to hear what you guys think.
    Attached Files

damn! that's some mighty poke alright!

As much as I'd love to see you fit them, I can't imagine that'll be an easy task!

Even with stretch and lightly flared arches, that would be pretty epic!

However, the plod might (ie wont) feel the same way.

I reckon you'll be prime for a defect in no time. Can't see how they're do anything regarding hoon laws though? Unless you're doing skids etc.

hth

Comment

easy fit man, roll/pull the guards a little and run a 215 all round

if you lower it the natural camber should pull the wheels inside the guards

ofc nothing that is related to stance is ever legal in vic, so its either run stock or run stanced and put up with the risk
      Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

example of a 17x10 +15 on a friends R32

Comment

roman speaks the truth. My wheels stuck out that much when test fitted. Nothing stretched tyres, camber, and a decent roll and pull wont fix

Comment

Originally posted by J.D View Post
            damn! that's some mighty poke alright!

As much as I'd love to see you fit them, I can't imagine that'll be an easy task!

Even with stretch and lightly flared arches, that would be pretty epic!

However, the plod might (ie wont) feel the same way.

I reckon you'll be prime for a defect in no time. Can't see how they're do anything regarding hoon laws though? Unless you're doing skids etc.

hth
            Yeah that seems to be all the feedback im getting haha. Although it seems to be 60/40 with the majority of the people saying 'good luck'
            Not sure if its under the hoon laws but a defect is still shattering, copped a minor for too low the other day with the $300 fine

Originally posted by 180roman View Post
            easy fit man, roll/pull the guards a little and run a 215 all round

if you lower it the natural camber should pull the wheels inside the guards

ofc nothing that is related to stance is ever legal in vic, so its either run stock or run stanced and put up with the risk
            Not sure about easy but i'm still contemplating whether or not to give it a try, saying it now but I know I most definitely will try :P.
            Getting caught is the thing mostly on my mind lol, being a poor p-plater owning an old import is hard to get away with stuff and knowing my car, hard to get a RWC lol

Originally posted by private_numero View Post
            roman speaks the truth. My wheels stuck out that much when test fitted. Nothing stretched tyres, camber, and a decent roll and pull wont fix
            Haha true! now to find a quality place to roll and pull.

Comment

they should fit fine, if my HONDA can pull of 9 +13 then a nissan can do it easily lol
              sigpic

Comment

when you get caught, take pics.. we can start building a archive for you guys.

But seriously, do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                  when you get caught, take pics.. we can start building a archive for you guys.

i like this idea!

Comment

I've seen a set of 18x10 and 18x9,5 Rota Grids on an R32 GTST before but it didnt mention offset. There was a nice amount of concave though so i suspect it was low'ish. Pics are on hard drive and too big to upload on the forum but i'll try and send through something via PM tomorrow so you can have a look. It looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by arthur32 View Post
                      Not sure about easy but i'm still contemplating whether or not to give it a try, saying it now but I know I most definitely will try :P.
                      Getting caught is the thing mostly on my mind lol, being a poor p-plater owning an old import is hard to get away with stuff and knowing my car, hard to get a RWC lol
                      most of us are or have been in the same boat as you

i drove the 180 for 1.5 years on my Ps and not ever has it been legal, neither did i have much money to play with

when i bought it it was 70mm off the ground, so duno how the guy i bought it from got a RWC for it to sell it lol. only ever got 2 deffects but have been pulled over at least 6 times on Ps

Comment

Originally posted by arthur32 View Post

Haha true! now to find a quality place to roll and pull.

Hit up Athid.

Comment

Defects and fines are a way of life in this scene, if you cant handle them then I suggest not modifying a car at all

I can roll pull guards, depending how far will depend on what is needed to be done.
                          Originally posted by anth
                          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

+1.. it's part of the game, just drive to minimise the risk by not going to hotspots or standing out too much. Touch wood no homo I've not had much trouble in the S14.. I attribute to fact that I've kept the aesthetics pretty subtle, though it is quite low and has ample frush and by not driving like a tool (in populated areas at least..)

That or it's all in the sunroof visor.
                            FRUSH

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                              Defects and fines are a way of life in this scene, if you cant handle them then I suggest not modifying a car at all

I can roll pull guards, depending how far will depend on what is needed to be done.
                              Originally posted by brybry View Post
                              +1.. it's part of the game, just drive to minimise the risk by not going to hotspots or standing out too much. Touch wood no homo I've not had much trouble in the S14.. I attribute to fact that I've kept the aesthetics pretty subtle, though it is quite low and has ample frush and by not driving like a tool (in populated areas at least..)

That or it's all in the sunroof visor.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Just the $300 fine just for being too low hit me. Cars been overheating so I'm gonna get an aliminium radiator before the process of the grids come into action.

Comment

Working...
                              X