Maybe its not meant to be.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe its not meant to be.

Alright, here's the deal. Imma "wide as fuck stock wheels stretched and flushed on a gti" type-a-guy. I just love this shit.

But here's the problem, I own this.

Its uncommon for these wagons to fit incredibly wide wheels, but it can be done, and that is my goal. My other problem is Subaru's poor, literally, decision to make my hubs 5x100. So of course any wheel I want will guaranteed have to be redrilled.

So I'm looking for ideas, what do you guys think? Would it work? What would work? I'm thinkin' these so far.

18x10 911 wheels.

19x10 745 wheels. I'm afraid 19s would look horrible on my car...

18x9 5 series. so far these are my ultimate choice.

Thats about all I have at the moment, unless people have any other ideas I can use.

If none of this goes through..I'm thinking about getting 17x10 diamond racing steelies in all white.

Love the suby first off. Agreed, 5x100 = LOSS. I love white wheels on silver cars, so I dig the diamond racing. But, I agree, I think those 18x9 5 series wheels would be tough! What offset are they?

Comment

you could have your hubs drilled for 5x114.3, really not all that expensive.

Comment

Most people don't just slap on "off the shelf" wheels to achieve the stance you're wanting.

Blood, sweat and tears go into getting the perfect set of wheels on the car. There's nothing really wrong with 5x100.
        Originally posted by Jesus Christ
        if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
        Originally posted by Jedidiah
        he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by extol1337 View Post
          Most people don't just slap on "off the shelf" wheels to achieve the stance you're wanting.

Blood, sweat and tears go into getting the perfect set of wheels on the car. There's nothing really wrong with 5x100.
          Oh trust me, I know I can't just slap them on. My fenders are rolled but I plan to do any rolling, pulling, bashing, cutting, welding necessary to achieve the lowness and wideness I want to achieve.

Well, for me there is. Just about every wheel I want doesn't come in that pattern. Probably because I love BMW wheels.

I'm thinking its either going to be the diamond racing wheels or the BMW 5 series. Sorry, I don't know the offset on them, but they have a pretty good concave.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard_Gud. View Post
            Oh trust me, I know I can't just slap them on. My fenders are rolled but I plan to do any rolling, pulling, bashing, cutting, welding necessary to achieve the lowness and wideness I want to achieve.

Well, for me there is. Just about every wheel I want doesn't come in that pattern. Probably because I love BMW wheels.

I'm thinking its either going to be the diamond racing wheels or the BMW 5 series. Sorry, I don't know the offset on them, but they have a pretty good concave.
            Do you want OEM BMW wheels or aftermarket? I'm sure if you come across something that's custom made for BMW, you can go directly to the manufacturer and get yours made for the Subaru. 5x100 and 56.1 is common and not hard to do.

What kind of wheel are you really looking for in terms of the design? Tons of people do the Work Emotion-esque look for concave and width.
            if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.

Comment

haha i found my twin!! i also own a subaru (sti) and im about to experiment with some wheels that vdubs rock all the time, but there a different bolt pattern cough cough sawblades.. hopefully its not a big waste of money.. and have u ever considered adapters so u can run the wheels u want?? i mean thats what my plan is..

Comment

Lots of wheel noobness going on in here

Comment

Originally posted by c-ron View Post
                  enlighten us

Comment

Yeah most of us who run different wheels (porsche, bmw, corvette etc) run adapters, OR if the wheel has a centercap that covers the bolts then you can redrill. So tell us the offsets of some of the wheels you are looking at (also what offsets would get to be flush on a subaru, I have no idea).

Ex. my sawblades are et56 but I have 35mm and 30mm adapters so they adapt to 5x100 perfectly.

Talk to calvin he knows what he's doin.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by c-ron View Post
                      ugh. i **** when people call you out rather than help you. help me out man.

I'd rather not use adapters. because I'm looking for wheels that are either 9.5 or 10 wide. THAT alone, will require a pretty hefty pull and some negative camber for me to fit.

obviously for stock wheels, such as the BMW 5 series, the offset is around 50 I guess?

Comment

I'd rather not use adapters. because I'm looking for wheels that are either 9.5 or 10 wide. THAT alone, will require a pretty hefty pull and some negative camber for me to fit.

obviously for stock wheels, such as the BMW 5 series, the offset is around 50 I guess?

Negative. Stock 8-9ish inch wide = High 30-s to low 20-s

PS: NJDub was referring to me, btw.

Comment

oh i see. I could've sworn I read somewhere an offset of like 52 lol...

I'm going to do a few photoshops real quick.

I think I narrowed my choices to those BMW 5 series wheels, the diamond racing ones, or any other someone can find for me. Just keep in mind I'm looking for around 9.5 inches wide. thanks.

Comment

I proposed an option for you a few posts up that went unnoticed even though it's a fairly good option

There are many dope wheels in 5x100 that would fit your size standards well.

Comment

i guess since I have no idea where I would get my hubs redrilled I just avoided that option.

And ya, I know there are plenty of options, but they're not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for unique, something different.

Comment

Working...
                              X