Air ride questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air ride questions

I live in Texas and weather isn't crazy with freezing winters or anything, Just the hot sun, rain, and a randoms cold fronts is all we get. I am familiar with coilovers but not so much on air suspensions. I don't plan on riding on the floor but maybe with a gap in between the wheel and fender. I apologize with the noob questions and making a thread like this, but I didn't know which members that are active on this forum.

Will it be ok to ride on air suspensions fully aired?
    Should I be worried about valves being frozen?
    How are the maintenance on air ride equipments?
    Should I do my alignment on the height I will be driving on?

Thanks in advance.

Hey dude glad to see the interest in rollin with air.

No it's not a good thing to ride full up as your are topping out your struts and or shocks. Very uncomfortable ride.
    I wouldn't worry about freezing valves if your in Texas.

Maintenance is actually pretty minimal if the system is installed well. The main thing is draining the tank of any trapped moisture. You can also run water traps to help with that.

Yes an alignment at ride height is def suggested. You can roll around town at most heights without crazy tire damage but anything highspeed I would say cruise at your aligned height for your safety and others.
    Jesse Jenson
    Air Lift Company
    West Coast Sales Manager
    jjenson@airliftcompany.com
    www.airliftcompany.com

Comment

What's the maximum psi you think would be a good before you hit the uncomfortable area?

Comment

I have another question, my suspension set up is where the bag is seperate from the struts. Right now the bag is close to the exhaust piping. Maybe about 2-3 inch clearance from each other. Are bags made to take the heat from the exhaust?

Comment

jesse said it!!! I live in mass winter isnt the best I never had frozen valves up here.

alignment is hugeeeee. I killd my front tires cuz my toe was off in just few month s.

Comment

another new englander! I like it, I'm riding on air lift and I drove the first nasty snow storm of the year when I hadn't even finished bagging the car...

Air lift tested the products in all seasons at least for the kit I purchased, would I do it again? Nope however it all depends on your install where your valves are and what not. My install is 100% inside the cabin of the car with gromets on each exit point for my lines so freezing isn't really a worry as long as I get the car nice and toasty and take care of it (I live in NH it gets insanely cold but I only drove once out of need)

Maximum psi will completely depend on your particular setup, I know for my car i run the front (digital reads) 55-60 psi and the rears I leave at about 70 psi (I have a lot of audio equipment in the trunk) and the car rides great for the most part, if i'm going to beat on it i'll jack the front up to 65 and the rear up to 75

Where your bags are external to the struts it may ride differently I can't say I have bags over struts on all 4 so i may be a bit spoiled

As for the heat I can't honestly tell you if it's going to be ok or not however you can always wrap your exhaust in heat shielding to help prevent it from getting to the bags ultimately you want to keep them free from being rubbed the wrong way (have had many friends blow out from poor installations)

Hope this helps and again I'm fairly new to the whole air game myself so don't trust me to be 100% accurate

Comment

Working...
            X