This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uk black a3 tdi

yo yo, thought it was about time i put my current project on here, as its just gone through somewhat of a change! anyway.

i put it in the main builds section, so thought id stick it up here too!

i got it about 3 months ago, in a bit of a state, as you can see....

the car came with the bentley wheels, and the decent leather retrim.

and the engine is the 1.9 tdi with a motech map with around 190bhp so its not shy!

so...

from this....

to this

and one from early edition show in the UK.

so there we go, the new soundsystem is awesome....

System spec -

JL Audio XD400-4 4 channel amplifier
    JL Audio 12"w3v2-2 subwoofer
    JL Audio c3 650 csi component set in factory locations with reinforced baffles.
    DYNAMAT.

to get it lowwer we removed the helper springs and fabricated longer drop links.

and the wheels were split and rebuilt after dealing with 8 hours of locking wheel nut removal and snapped bolts with the heads glued in thanks to the previous owner then finished in gloss black.

also the rear wiper was removed, and a set of 2011 rear lights installed which really finishes the car off

overall im mega happy with how it sits now, cant beleive how much 1.5 inches can change the look of the car!

still to come...

full respray
    boot, headlining and pillars trimmed in alcantara (maybe a few more bits too)
    6 or 8 mm spacers on the back
    tinted fogs and indicators
    lows
    another set of speakers in the rear.

so there she is, hope you like.

looking alot better now!

Comment

Look who it is :P

Comment

Looks nice loving the color of the interior, but for some reason im not diggin the rims but they do look bettet in black
        Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

beautiful!!

Comment

cheers lads, another pic from edition

Comment

You in Manchester? Saw a black A3 on orange Bentleys a bit back at Fallowfield Sainsbury's.
              Last edited by Mike-; 04-23-2011, 04:31 PM.

Comment

yea mate would have been me! my girl goes to manchester uni so up there quite alot

Comment

What suspension you running mate?

Comment

ap coilovers with front helpers removed and custom drop links mate

Comment

mini update.

got some lamin-x, yellow and black, tried out the black....not sure on it myself

really like yellow fogs, but dont know if it would work with the wheels etc, hmmm

turns out as the car is an 03 with an 07 s-line front, there were no fog light units behind the covers! so the glass/plastic was bonded in place....so cutting the lamin-x to fit was a bit of a challenge, and if you got down on your knees and had a propper look its not a tidy job...but cant tell just looking at it. :ph34r:

also fitted black plastic front rings, as the old silver ones i got painted just chipped right away :angry:

they are a bit sharper looking than the OEM ones, but look ok i think.

next on the cards is an OEM optics grill, as the painted silver grill is starting to look tatty

also another pic of the car and me at early edition!

Comment

another little update, the eagle eye'd amongst you might have noticed that the A3 was sat like crap at DC11 and GTI inters, about an inch higher than it was before...due too new coilovers etc etc

im glad to say thanks to shakey its back down lowwer and wider than it was before, after a lot of hard work put in by him! its had arches flared and rolled all round, about an inch taken out of the front and the same at the rear,some camber has been added to the rear wheels to accommodate the et29 offset out back (added 12mm spacers) :wub:

i also had the headlining and pillars trimmed in alcantara which looks awesome, and have now got an s-line optic grill up front, with a us number plate plinth which finishes of the front end quite nicely.

heres the pics taken by carlatron... :wub:

19x9 et29 :wub:

still a work in progress, according to carl, there is about 5mm left in it which can come out with a bit more work :wub:

Comment

Try to keep it to one thread, don't need 2 updates of the same post.

Comment

Working...
                          X