Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible?

Haven't posted in weeks but I finally got my lap top back and figured i'd ask people who actually know something if this is possible...

Last month I bought a set of brand new 745 reps to rock for a few months until I got new wheels for next season (I know, I know reps suck thats why i'm posting) and i've been having serious issues with shaking since I bought them.

The wheels needed to be bored out so for a while I thought that my shop screwed up the drilling and caused the shake but after looking at the wheels on the balancing machine i'm starting to wonder if its possible that the wheels are defective.

I'm 100% sure the wheels weren't bent by me but when you look at them spinning on the machine it looks like the wheels may have bends in the hub. Is it possible that because the wheels are not forged something was screwed up by the manufacturer (keystone) causing un-even hub surface?

Also do I have a chance in hell of fighting with them about it or are they just going to blame it on driving and tell me to go screw?

----
    Just for the hell of it crap pics of the wheels installed:

That sucks to hear but,

How do they shake? If its from side to side, it pretty much indicates a defect wheel.
    But if it goes up and down, that whoud indicate that it was bored out wrong.
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Damn those look good. What he said.
      Originally posted by da3bous
      I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

+2 for zic...... those look good, reps or not. is it because you got them cheap that you decided to bore them out to fit? lakeshore has the exact same wheels in 19s for the e39.
        Originally posted by Kielan
        I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
          +2 for zic...... those look good, reps or not. is it because you got them cheap that you decided to bore them out to fit? lakeshore has the exact same wheels in 19s for the e39.
          I didn't know lakeshore sold them in e39 fitment that kind of sucks. I bought these on ebay for $695 shipped and had them bored out for cheap. Didn't know lakeshore had them too. Oh well.

The wheel shakes side to side not up and down so I should assume that they are actually defective correct?

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
            +1, went the cheaper route and it bit you in the ass, and you have modified and fitted the product to a vehicle for which it was not intended, so they're going to tell you to go chase yourself.

Comment

I'm no help but you car looks sick with those wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Edirty6 View Post
                +1, went the cheaper route and it bit you in the ass, and you have modified and fitted the product to a vehicle for which it was not intended, so they're going to tell you to go chase yourself.
                I've dealt with keystone before and I'm quite confident that if I don't mention the wheels have been bored out they will never know. The problem is convincing them that the wheels are actually defective.

Also, either route was cheap because they're both reps. I'll be anything the lakeshore reps are of same quality they're just a bit more money because they were produced in an odd centerbore for our cars. Don't give me that cheaper route bull shit replicas are replicas - they all suck.

I'm just asking if its possible that the hub was drilled/wheel was made defective from the factory and if how often people have heard of that happening.

Originally posted by 325irollin View Post
                I'm no help but you car looks sick with those wheels
                Thanks, they were only meant as a temp wheel either way, I'm just irritated that they shake.

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
                  That sucks to hear but,

How do they shake? If its from side to side, it pretty much indicates a defect wheel.
                  But if it goes up and down, that whoud indicate that it was bored out wrong.
                  Oh i forgot to mention, that you can see it if you mount it up to a wheel balancing machine. Thougt that was implyed when i wrote it the first time, but after i glanzed over it again, thougt i shoud mention it again.
                  -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                  Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Working...
                  X