Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stumped on my uneven ride height, need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumped on my uneven ride height, need help!

Hey guys. So im not talking about my ride height being uneven because I set the thread pitch equally on both sides, but i noticed my passenger side won't go any lower no matter how much i preload the spring or even getting shorter springs.

Removed both collars on the coilovers and my front passenger side had about a finger of gap while my driver side was close to tucking. So i compressed my spring a good half an inch, hoping it would make a difference, and had no luck.

So then today I got done installing shorter coil springs of 6in, compared to the previous 8.5in, and the same side won't even go past a finger gap even though the thread pitch is almost a half an inch from being maxed.

I had an alignment done and my toe, caster, and camber is all set properly on all four corners. My fat ass being in the driver seat sure isn't bringing my car down. Not really sure a corner balance would help. Im stumbled guys. What should I check up on, underneath my car, to find a potential fix?

You must be hitting something or the shock is bottoming out, or something is incorrectly installed. Check to make sure you strut bearing/spring perch etc is all in correctly. Look for an axle hitting, sway bar holding you up or control arms binding etc.

Comment

What kind of car?

Comment

Working...
      X