Came across a deal on airride kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Came across a deal on airride kit

So i know people have mentioned about products from a website called Airbagit dot Com and everyone says their product is crappy. I ran into another member from another forum that have bought that kit thru them and is now selling them. Reason for him selling the aire ride kit because the installer used a smaller line and his right front bag kept blowing out on him. He went back to normal coils and is willing to sell me that kit for 5bills... but he said he can go lower. So my main question is its it work it to buy that kit even if i talked him down to selling it for around 3-4bills?
    95' Mercedes S500

do it, buy the proper lines. you have a pretty good deal, if bills means hundreds. cuase airride for 500 is worth it. its a cheap small project you could do. fix the kit check if its working, find a reputable shop, or take time and do it yourself, and im sure youll like the outcome

Comment

I don't understand what the smaller line size has to do with his bags blowing but just make sure you trust the guy and know what you're getting into. If you need to buy some replacement parts we can get whatever you need.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Here is what he said to me about the kit when i asked him to specify all the problems he had.

"I am located at california... it leaks air at first with the lines that was come in the kit... the shop replaced with a better one and didnt leak anymore after that... the only issue was that 1 bag blowing out thats all and I assume is the shop installation that is wrong since is the same place and the same hole created.."

"yeah sure... give me a couple of days... very busy with school at the moment... basically its 4 bags with bracket to it... the tank... the compressor... the air management thingy... the line/hose are cut so you may need a new hose and obviously a new front bags... So I am only selling those 3 bags with bracket, tank, compressor and the air management for 500 obo
        "

"the bag itself its fine there is a problem with the lines but I upgraded the lines with some other brand.. but the shop I installed it screw it up my front right blow twice... anyway I am willing to sell the rear and one good front one and the rest of the kit for 500 if you are interested.. I dont mind negotiating the price a little
        "

So pretty much i asked him whats going on with it and what not but that is pretty much what he said. He is willing to go lower then $5bills... so if you guys said its a good deal then maybe ill try to talk him down lower into 3-4bills.? But the main thing is that i should just try to buy the brackets off of him and go with better air bags and parts.
        95' Mercedes S500

Comment

Is this kit going on the Mercedes? Although the price is really good, I would honestly steer away from Airbagit products. The Merc is a heavy car and I know a lot of bag manufacturers don't like building kits for Mercs because of how heavy they are.

There have been plenty of horror stories about Airbagit products as I'm sure you're aware and they have actually changed their name a few times. AIM Industries, Chassis Tech, and Airbagit are all the same company.

Here are some photos of one of their front setups separating. I honestly wouldn't ever run one of these setups on my car.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

^^ that is 1 mess right there. Yup i been hearing stories about their stuff so pretty much what i am leaning towards is to just purchase their mounting brackets and then get all of my other parts elsewhere. You need the measurements of the cup diameter? Maybe i can ask guy whois selling that kit to give me the measurements and maybe take a picture of how the brackets look.
            95' Mercedes S500

Comment

Working...
            X