PDA

View Full Version : Can i get a scion tc as fast as a 2006 Mustang Gt?

trenton2345
04-07-2011, 06:01 AM
if i get a scion tc what mods can i get to make it as fast as a mustang please price on the mods are not an issue. I just need to know how to get he hp boosted. Please also where can i go im located...

Bimmerteck
04-07-2011, 09:46 AM
I see your other thread and since it's asking about an automatic Scion TC I doubt you be able to make it as fast as a Mustang GT, as it will likely require lots of boost. There is no simple bolt on way to get a TC into the 300hp range, as the mustang GT is quite a contender.( the new ones especially :))

I can say that with enough money TCs can be fast but I doubt you have the cash to support your "price on mods are not an issue" statement. The TRD supercharger only got those cars to around 200whp , while Greddy bumped them to 275chp with a turbo. World products (who also compete using several TC "based" race cars) has a turbo kit that could likely put you over 300whp if your willing to build the motor and get it properly tuned, then add brakes and suspension and you could have a mustang killer. . .If it wan't an automatic and you had around 10-12k to spend on modifications. ;)

90probef2t
04-07-2011, 11:20 AM
You can make the TC as fast as a GT. idk If it will last more then one pull but with a turbo kit you could. idk if there is a diff between trans. one is prolly beefier than the other.

peetiewonder
04-10-2011, 12:14 AM
good luck lol. you should just get a mustang gt if you want to go fast. mustang gt + 3--4k = 400+ whp. Even if you make it faster than a stock mustang it wouldnt take much for the mustang to smoke you.

trism
04-10-2011, 12:50 AM
with enough money, anything can be faster than a mustang

Lukey
04-10-2011, 12:59 AM
get a big block and make it rwd

NudeLobster
04-10-2011, 11:13 AM
with enough money, anything can be faster than a mustang

with enough money, a mustang can be faster than anything.

-Justin

Brandon C
04-10-2011, 04:02 PM
if i get a scion tc what mods can i get to make it as fast as a mustang please price on the mods are not an issue. I just need to know how to get he hp boosted. Please also where can i go im located...

Looking at your post, I'm guessing you don't know too much about motor work, and I'm guessing you got flogged by a Mustang recently. The fact is, you're not going to be able to race a Mustang, especially not with an automatic car, as implied by another post in this thread. You're better off going for style, honestly, the super-quick TCs that I've seen are usually extremely modified, and almost strictly for autocrossing, AKA impossible DD cars.

The fact is, the 305-315 the stock GT puts out is barely scratching the surface that is the modular 4.6. I know a kid with an 06 who has only done breathing and a tune (headers back, K&N intake), and he's making 370 or so right now, thanks to a good speed shop who knows how to match parts. Getting a TC to match those numbers would require a custom turbo setup, forged internals, and most definitely a manual gearbox.

My advice would be to just enjoy what you have. The TC is a decent little car, it gets pretty good mileage and certainly isn't ugly. Mild body mods and a good suspension setup, plus some good wheels, will make it shine; trying to run a janky turbo setup will only ruin all the good points on the car, and probably make it unreliable.

kramerbuccs24
04-10-2011, 07:10 PM
youre not in the right car, sorry buddy

Skibum291
04-10-2011, 08:18 PM
stock mustang gt runs maybe 245 at the wheels- a small turbo setup would be more thank enough to walk all over that- numerous turbo kits out there and its cheap as hell to get to 250whp and if you stay sub gt2871 youll be fine with spooling the shit out of it

Skibum291
04-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Looking at your post, I'm guessing you don't know too much about motor work, and I'm guessing you got flogged by a Mustang recently. The fact is, you're not going to be able to race a Mustang, especially not with an automatic car, as implied by another post in this thread. You're better off going for style, honestly, the super-quick TCs that I've seen are usually extremely modified, and almost strictly for autocrossing, AKA impossible DD cars.

The fact is, the 305-315 the stock GT puts out is barely scratching the surface that is the modular 4.6. I know a kid with an 06 who has only done breathing and a tune (headers back, K&N intake), and he's making 370 or so right now, thanks to a good speed shop who knows how to match parts. Getting a TC to match those numbers would require a custom turbo setup, forged internals, and most definitely a manual gearbox.

My advice would be to just enjoy what you have. The TC is a decent little car, it gets pretty good mileage and certainly isn't ugly. Mild body mods and a good suspension setup, plus some good wheels, will make it shine; trying to run a janky turbo setup will only ruin all the good points on the car, and probably make it unreliable.

maybe crank hp- I run 295 at the wheels and can walk a 06 gt with headers, exhaust, software, et, and from 50-130 I am 10 cars easy- below 50 its just a joke

mustang= horrific- unless your talking kenne belle or a turbo your not making above 310 at the wheels on a realistic dyno unless our running stupid compression and race fuel

Brandon C
04-16-2011, 04:16 PM
maybe crank hp- I run 295 at the wheels and can walk a 06 gt with headers, exhaust, software, et, and from 50-130 I am 10 cars easy- below 50 its just a joke

mustang= horrific- unless your talking kenne belle or a turbo your not making above 310 at the wheels on a realistic dyno unless our running stupid compression and race fuel

How much internal work did you do? I'm doubting you just slapped a turbo on and called it a day to get those numbers.

I'm questioning this because ten lengths seems like way too much.

JVC
04-17-2011, 01:13 AM
YouTube - JESSICAS 662WHP SCION TC DYNO @ 29.5 PSI NO VVTI

YouTube - 61mm Turbo TC VS 2009 C6 ZO6 with mods

or if price isn't a problem... sell the TC and buy something thats faster than the Stang...

NWwagon
04-17-2011, 01:35 PM

hit the nail on the head, ive seen some quick tC's but they are strictly track cars and not DD"s. honestly your better of with the super charged TC and enjoy it for what it is

Skibum291
04-17-2011, 06:36 PM
How much internal work did you do? I'm doubting you just slapped a turbo on and called it a day to get those numbers.

I'm questioning this because ten lengths seems like way too much.

i had an s4- im just saying with the correct setup you can easily walk a stock gt

Brandon C
04-17-2011, 06:44 PM
i had an s4- im just saying with the correct setup you can easily walk a stock gt

Oh, I thought you were getting those numbers on a TC, an S4 makes much for sense. Agreed on the turbo setup, though, for certain cars.

I_R_5m4r7
04-19-2011, 08:23 AM
i didnt see anyone mention anything about torque. just because a car has more horsepower doesnt mean it has more go off the line or even from a roll. a stock mustang will almost always eat a tC just for the simple fact its a rwd v8 and a tC is a fwd 4-banger. HP numbers out the window, it would take a ridiculous amount of work to get a tC anywhere near powerful enough to destroy a mustang. u might squeak by with a win by a nose if the stang misses a shift and u spent like $8k...im not a stang nutswinger, i actually **** mustangs, but i have seen a >400hp stang do a 10.66 in the 1/4...jussayin

Anonymoose
04-19-2011, 08:32 AM
I just got smoked by a stang in my auto tc, how do I make it faster so I can go back and race this guy again in between lights? I've seen all the F&F movies so I know it's possible...

:shifty

Joshbm
04-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Troll?

Stephen
04-20-2011, 09:41 PM
This thread is stupid, the troll is obvious. couple more dumb posts and this is over.

Stephen
04-20-2011, 09:41 PM
(danger to manifold)

WarShrike
04-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Or buy a Formula Firebird for well below $10K, Texas Speed & Performance Magic Stick Camshaft with a tune and you're rocking the face off just about any stock/bolt ons car you come across :)

Or get a junkyard Fox Body Mustang, $2000 in parts from Summit or Jeg's and you'll probably be running 10s in the 1/4...

Just FYI, there's always going to be somebody faster.

Madhatter
04-27-2011, 04:38 PM
just try it

JasonB
04-28-2011, 03:59 PM
with neough money, anything can be faster than anything.

on a side note, this is dumb. scion tc is not a good choice for fast.

yotatuner
04-29-2011, 01:21 PM
tc's are for 18year old girls,there gay

blkvip
05-02-2011, 09:24 AM
get a new car!!! by the time you spend something close to 10k your coulda just gotten something fast to begin with, and even then its a FF not the greatest for wanting a fast car.

Masonbarnard
07-29-2011, 03:44 AM
reliable + fast = expensive
fast + cheap = unreliable
reliable + cheap = slow

1988montecarloss
04-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Or get a junkyard Fox Body Mustang, $2000 in parts from Summit or Jeg's and you'll probably be running 10s in the 1/4...

uhhhh, no........

GS|works
04-09-2012, 04:12 AM
Try this, let him beat you to the gas pump.

dubinsincuwereindiapers
04-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Derp

PunkboySL2
04-19-2012, 09:55 PM

My saturn wagon with a stock drivetrain and 5psi on a straight T3 has outran a stock mustang GT (03'ish), as well as a lightly modded WRX, and a more heavily modded RSX. This is all with a stock clutch that doesn't seem like it's holding all of the time. I'm guessing it would run a high 13 sec 1/4 mile with a new clutch. I know my engine can handle about 230whp reliably in stock trim, I don't see why the TC wouldn't be able to do that. At that point though the auto trans would probably be the issue.

I believe if anything is too slow you just need to run some boost through it :)

Vince30
04-22-2012, 01:32 PM
My saturn wagon with a stock drivetrain and 5psi on a straight T3 has outran a stock mustang GT (03'ish), as well as a lightly modded WRX, and a more heavily modded RSX.

Did they know you were trying to race them? :rofl

1988montecarloss
04-23-2012, 02:49 AM
Did they know you were trying to race them? :rofl

all the cars he listed are 14 second cars at most, its not like he outrun anything thats actually fast

OSSHWA
04-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Any you chose StanceWorks to ask this question.......why? The obvious answer here is yes,. Anything can be fast if you throw enough money into it. Here's a thought.....if your goal is to go fast, why not join a Scion TC forum and search the engine/power or the racing sections? Just saying.

Longboarding_G
04-23-2012, 12:15 PM
about 10k in overnight parts from japan, and your scion will decimate all.

wickedsnake00
04-23-2012, 02:58 PM
uhhhh, no........

uhhh, yes.

There's a number of proven combos to get a fox into the 10's. You can either go H/C/I 302 with some spray, or just plain 351 with some spray. Couple in some weight reduction and the obligatory suspension mods and it isn't hard.

As for making a tC faster than an 06...I hope you have deep pockets. You have a weight edge, but you lose it because you're FWD. Now you'll need around 300hp to run one, just a guess. That's a far cry from the 180 you've got now. You'll either need a big hit of the giggle juice or a turbo. Both of which I'm sure are easily capable of turning your engine, transmission, and axles into itty bitty pieces of metal strewn across the highway.

I'm sure it's possible, but it'll take a whole lot of cash and re-working that drivetrain top to bottom.

WICKED WEISS
04-23-2012, 04:22 PM
about 10k in overnight parts from japan, and your scion will decimate all.

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

1988montecarloss
04-25-2012, 03:05 AM
uhhh, yes.

There's a number of proven combos to get a fox into the 10's. You can either go H/C/I 302 with some spray, or just plain 351 with some spray. Couple in some weight reduction and the obligatory suspension mods and it isn't hard.

As for making a tC faster than an 06...I hope you have deep pockets. You have a weight edge, but you lose it because you're FWD. Now you'll need around 300hp to run one, just a guess. That's a far cry from the 180 you've got now. You'll either need a big hit of the giggle juice or a turbo. Both of which I'm sure are easily capable of turning your engine, transmission, and axles into itty bitty pieces of metal strewn across the highway.

I'm sure it's possible, but it'll take a whole lot of cash and re-working that drivetrain top to bottom.

ive owned 6 mustangs, yes they can run 10's (obviously) but youre not going to order $2500 in new parts out of jegs and summit and run 10's like the post i replied to said. could you wheel and deal parts and have less than $2500 into a ten second car? yes, i have a 71 monte in my driveway right now thatll run 10.80s that i have $555 into. but youre not gonna run 10's with a $2500 budget on new parts. MAYBE if you put a set of axles, slicks and a 300 shot on it and it might last a few passes :rofl

and a "plain 351" with spray isnt going to run 10's, assuming by "plain" you mean stock :rofl

cangri
04-25-2012, 04:03 AM
Yes.
Mount a Mustang GT engine and tune it up.

wickedsnake00
04-27-2012, 02:34 PM
ive owned 6 mustangs, yes they can run 10's (obviously) but youre not going to order $2500 in new parts out of jegs and summit and run 10's like the post i replied to said. could you wheel and deal parts and have less than $2500 into a ten second car? yes, i have a 71 monte in my driveway right now thatll run 10.80s that i have $555 into. but youre not gonna run 10's with a $2500 budget on new parts. MAYBE if you put a set of axles, slicks and a 300 shot on it and it might last a few passes :rofl

and a "plain 351" with spray isnt going to run 10's, assuming by "plain" you mean stock :rofl

There's two things you never hear from foxbody guys, long lasting and new parts. :rofl

All my friends with foxes usually are the "Let's slap on whatever parts we can scrounge, and if we blow it up, we'll go pull a new motor from the junkyard" types. Usually lots of spray, and lots of breaking parts.

By "plain" 351 I meant not stroked and bored like crazy.

It also depends on what state the car is in when they buy it. It's tough to come across an unmodified fox these days. Usually they have some sort of H/C/I and/or fuel work done, and reinforced torque boxes FLSFC's have become pretty common sights.

1988montecarloss
04-29-2012, 09:09 PM
There's two things you never hear from foxbody guys, long lasting and new parts. :rofl

All my friends with foxes usually are the "Let's slap on whatever parts we can scrounge, and if we blow it up, we'll go pull a new motor from the junkyard" types. Usually lots of spray, and lots of breaking parts.

By "plain" 351 I meant not stroked and bored like crazy.

It also depends on what state the car is in when they buy it. It's tough to come across an unmodified fox these days. Usually they have some sort of H/C/I and/or fuel work done, and reinforced torque boxes FLSFC's have become pretty common sights.

im not saying you cant get a fox into the 10's for $2500, but youre not doing it with all new parts like the guy who originally posted the comment said....unless you just put a 300 shot on an almost stock one and even then it might not run 10s before the trans or rearend puke their guts out all over the track

troy2003
05-17-2012, 05:51 PM
not sure where this thread went, but to anyone interested it is quite easy to build the tc into a car that will not only walk a gt, but make it look like its standing still although you had better be prepared to spend a good chunk of change in doing it. So i agree it would make more sense to just buy a gt, invest 3k in some goofd solid bolt ons and get a reliable 400+ whp.

coconutt
05-17-2012, 06:27 PM
Somebody close this garbage thread.

troy2003
05-17-2012, 07:01 PM

:D ucrazymadbra!!

WICKED WEISS
05-19-2012, 02:35 PM

:rofl PLEASE

WICKED WEISS
05-19-2012, 02:40 PM
:D ucrazymadbra!!

Mad Bra.

Or Brah?

You Sir are an idiot...

dubinsincuwereindiapers
05-21-2012, 01:42 PM
Mad Bra.

Or Brah?

You Sir are an idiot...

Umadbro?

:p

troy2003
05-21-2012, 03:28 PM
Mad Bra.

Or Brah?

You Sir are an idiot...

dang, umad too bra!!!....

dubinsincuwereindiapers
06-16-2012, 09:45 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d03657aa-3697-27da.jpg

coconutt
06-16-2012, 10:12 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/aefee18a-3d19-b3be.jpg

Tanner423
09-03-2012, 01:16 PM
good luck lol. you should just get a mustang gt if you want to go fast. mustang gt + 3--4k = 400+ whp. Even if you make it faster than a stock mustang it wouldnt take much for the mustang to smoke you.

get a mustang GT if you wanna go fazzzzzt. :rofl

Tanner423
09-03-2012, 01:22 PM
My saturn wagon with a stock drivetrain and 5psi on a straight T3 has outran a stock mustang GT (03'ish), as well as a lightly modded WRX, and a more heavily modded RSX. This is all with a stock clutch that doesn't seem like it's holding all of the time. I'm guessing it would run a high 13 sec 1/4 mile with a new clutch. I know my engine can handle about 230whp reliably in stock trim, I don't see why the TC wouldn't be able to do that. At that point though the auto trans would probably be the issue.

I believe if anything is too slow you just need to run some boost through it :)

saturn FTW............:rofl

Dudermagee
09-03-2012, 01:22 PM
wtf just let this thing die already, its fucking over a year old and obviously a troll.

600whp s4
09-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Ok the tc has a very stout motor you can make 500whp on stock internals. but since you have a auto i would not push it past 300whp (which is enough the overtake the stang.) Get a PTE5857 turbo and a custom exhaust manifold injectors and front mount a bosch 044 pump spark plugs a blow off valve and a waste gate have some one install it and then find out who can tune the stock ecu in your area and you will beat that mustang

niquemarshall
09-04-2012, 02:28 AM
Ugh

Stephen
09-04-2012, 03:38 AM
Closed. For christ's sake.