Mini Cooper S Air Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Cooper S Air Ride

Hey Guys, i'm new here at Stanceworks. i am going to put my R53 on bags but i have a few problems.
    1. i know i have to get universal air lift struts but the picture on the airlift website doesnt look like it would work. the bottom of the strut doesnt have the shock mounts.
    2. for the front im getting universal aero sport bags, can i put them on my stock struts? how would i?

thanks for the help. -Travis

Usually you want to use a UAS bag setup over coilovers. You can buy bottom brackets that will slide over the shock body and rest on the spring perch and it will make a "bag over coil" setup.

I used to run a "bag over strut" setup which is pictured below. I ground the spring perch off of a Koni strut, and slide the bag setup over. Worked well for me, but I wanted to go lower.

Comment

ill go with bag over coil setup in the front but the back is a problem for bags, its really tight and all i can fit is a diameter of 5.1" so in the back i need to go with the universal strut from easystreet. Rally from Stancedesign used them on his clubman but i cant find the exact ones...

Comment

so pm rally....
        HoodRatStatus
        Instagram @looneylow

Comment

Originally posted by FittedDownLow View Post
          so pm rally....
          This.

Comment

Originally posted by SlyCooperR53 View Post
            ill go with bag over coil setup in the front but the back is a problem for bags, its really tight and all i can fit is a diameter of 5.1" so in the back i need to go with the universal strut from easystreet. Rally from Stancedesign used them on his clubman but i cant find the exact ones...

choose based on bag size and shock stroke.
            Originally posted by Kielan
            I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

i pm'ed rally a couple of days ago with no responce, ill wait a little longer

Comment

Originally posted by SlyCooperR53 View Post
                i pm'ed rally a couple of days ago with no responce, ill wait a little longer
                He's a very busy man.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Have any pics of the rear of the Mini suspension? Front also? I might be able to build some nice struts for you with our universal stuff.
                  Jesse Jenson
                  Air Lift Company
                  West Coast Sales Manager
                  jjenson@airliftcompany.com
                  www.airliftcompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse@AirLift View Post
                    Have any pics of the rear of the Mini suspension? Front also? I might be able to build some nice struts for you with our universal stuff.
                    did you ever get my PM?
                    Originally posted by Kielan
                    I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

no i never got one..... jesse ill get some pictures!

Comment

have to take pictures tomorrow dont have any on the computer

Comment

Working...
                        X