Ti The Knot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ti The Knot

Today, we finished work on our client’s titanium rear section for the C5 Corvette (yes, it was never really going on a Prius).

The last pieces to be welded before the fitment took place were two small bypasses by the mufflers. They’re not very large, but titanium welds always look impressive. It almost looks like we melted a bit of the T-1000 onto the piping:

We also had to craft a new rear half of the midsection, connecting the old pipe to the titanium rear section. As always, the craftsmanship is second to none, and the welds speak for themselves. It’s a good thing we don’t have robots welding our steel; compared to the work put out by human hands, we would have probably fired the robots by now:

Even though the muffler tips look pretty stock and unassuming, this car is anything but. Rocking an entirely redone engine from the blueprinted LS2 block all the way up, this Vette is built for one thing, and one thing only — racing. Judging by the exhaust note, though, it might also be built for scaring small children, which is something that Fluid MotorUnion does best. Hide yo’ kids, hide yo’ wife:

Given that we started the Corvette indoors with the new rear section for the first time, we managed to turn the fabrication garage into a deleted scene from the latest Cheech and Chong movie, minus the munchies. Another way to tell that this Corvette isn’t your standard-fare “look at me on public roads” automobile is the amount of meat on the tires. Those things aren’t built for putting between gas stations; they’re meant for hitting apexes and controlled oversteer. Overall, this is one mean machine to have in the garage, and it was fun while it was here, but we know that Graham will have way more fun with it than us:

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

top notch work as per usual

Comment

I was hopiing for a BMW ti with that title.

Still, this does not disappoint.

More on the 190 please.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Ugh. I miss welding. Soooooo pretty
        Strictly Pleasure/Zero Clearance/Stretch Your Legs
        Alex

Comment

I didnt know you had a marrige license Andgepants! does that mean I can marry all you guise when I come over?
          Originally posted by anth
          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
            More on the 190 please.
            this

w201 ftw
            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

I would slap many hoes for an exhaust of this quality.

Comment

Beauty. Now get that thing to a detailer!

Wish we had a competent shop that fab'd exhaust like that around here. Need a nice true dual setup on my car...
                2000 V6 Firebird
                • H/C/I • Full exhaust • Strano HP7 w/Konis • Watts Link • GTO T-56 •
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X