E46 adjustable control arm = higher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E46 adjustable control arm = higher?

So, my friend kindly fitted the adjustable rear arms tonight for me. Not as easy I made out to him... "its just two bolts, honest"

It's made the car sit so much higher though, I mean like before I couldn't get my key in between the arch/tyre gap and now I can fit my entire palm. Is this normal?

Luckily I have about 20mm on the adjusters to go down, and can then remove them. But I wanted to use this to go 20mm lower, not to level it back out.

I was going to ask how did this go? sorry to side track but did fitting go as easy as expected?
    and pictures of the result? im trying to figure out in my head why it would raise it though?
    L I K E H E L L D E S I G N

Comment

Well I took it to my mate who does most of the work on my car for me. He thought when Spener said a couple of bolts to drop the diff it was just BMW owners being bitches and he could do it without having to do this lol as they said coilovers were hard to fit and he did them in under 2 hours.

It was a total bastard if I am honest. Might be a little easier on yours only have 1 exhaust pipe but we had to drop the backbox and pipes, remove heatshield and some brace under it and drop the diff down a bit. Even then it wasn't too easy (or so it looked), took him around 2 hours to do in total.

No pictures yet, except this,

That is actually 1 side done, amazing positive camber lol will get under the car this afternoon and swap springs back to the JOMs whilst I clean up the D2s and keep turning the nuts to see how much I can go.

Comment

Sort your arch out.

Comment

yes...doing camber arms on e46 is a total B%$ch lol....to answer your question op, I didn't notice any ride hight gains...well only when I had -6.8 camber it was sitting higher than when at -2.

btw: its a great idea to replace your rtabs while you are doing camber arms

///M3 drivers have no friends! -Jeremy Clarkson....

Comment

fuuuuuuuuu
            i need to put these in as they've been sitting in the garage for about 8 months.
            did you guys use some sort of guide?

Comment

Didn't go a guide I'm afraid, one side was easy, the otherside (your driver side) was difficult. Dropped the exhaust brackets, which was 4 bolts around the backbox and a few others I think, then a heatshield, and a brace, and then took a couple of bolts off teh diff and lowered that slightly on the jack so we could get in and undo the bolt with a variety of extension bars and angles socket adapter things.

Comment

Working...
              X