Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else prefer SW to other more popular forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else prefer SW to other more popular forums?

I don't know what it is about this place but it just seems like everyone on here is so chilled and down to earth.
    You don't get the same kind of bickering and shit talking on here and there's far less keyboard warriors.
    Plus the standard of members cars on a whole vastly surpasses that of other forums.

If you have to ask people on an internet forum what you should do to your car, you should just leave it alone.

Probably because the UK side of SW is still pretty low key. The more people on a Forum the more twats there'll be, Edition 38 is a prime example.

My advice, enjoy it whilst it lasts

My Flickr http://www.flickr.com/omex_uk

Comment

haha yeah, I can't stand going on edition these days!
      hopefully all the clueless bandwagon jumpers will skip over the 'stance' phase, probably seems like too much effort for them. That said though, there have been quite a few new members popping up recently.

If you have to ask people on an internet forum what you should do to your car, you should just leave it alone.

Comment

This is my big worry. I've noticed a few appearing at meets and floating around on here.

Really hope it doesn't happen though. Hopefully if we keep the car calibre as high as it is it won't be a problem. Loads of UK sites like UKStance, cleaned-uk etc are trying to kick off at the moment, and I think its best they do.

Had some one on FB asking me to sign upto his new forum to help get it going. I really cba when this forum has everything you need. Pretty sure people from other countries will get really pissed if his happens.

Comment

Myself included. I've been browsing SW for about a year but as it was a US forum I never bothered posting. It's only since I've discovered the UK subforum I've started visiting it daily.

Also I love the fact there's no swear filter. If I wanted to write fuck I can, I don't need some politically correct forum software to change it to frig or what ever else. It's the little things :P

My Flickr http://www.flickr.com/omex_uk

Comment

Yeah I would like this site to retain its exclusivity.
            Hopefully it will and it'll stay the way it is, but I guess time will tell!

Comment

there is a surprising low level of trolling and flaming in threads
              Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

I've been lurking this site for a while, I hardly ever post though as I never feel like my car's up to the correct standard.
                I like how someone can ask a question on here and get a straight, helpful answer rather than about 10 pages of people bickering.
                I think it's because most people on here are from the US and are just generally chilled.

Comment

Originally posted by omex_uk View Post
                  Myself included. I've been browsing SW for about a year but as it was a US forum I never bothered posting. It's only since I've discovered the UK subforum I've started visiting it daily.

Also I love the fact there's no swear filter. If I wanted to write fuck I can, I don't need some politically correct forum software to change it to frig or what ever else. It's the little things :P
                  Same here,
                  i never noticed the International bit down the bottom so never really posted, just had a look around every so often

Comment

Originally posted by richsurtees View Post
                    I've been lurking this site for a while, I hardly ever post though as I never feel like my car's up to the correct standard.
                    I like how someone can ask a question on here and get a straight, helpful answer rather than about 10 pages of people bickering.
                    I think it's because most people on here are from the US and are just generally chilled.
                    Haha i've lurked stanceworks for like half a year, simply because the level of cars on here is mind-blowing! especially in the US section!

I could sit here for weeks just drooling through build threads whilst my golf just rots on my driveway haha.

Comment

It's because this forum isn't full of Max Power readers.

Nuff said.
                      SW|UK Static Audi TT y0!

Comment

Originally posted by omex_uk View Post

you cant write h a t e though... see >>> ****

but then again why would you need to with such awesome cars on here.

Comment

Fuck the ****.
                          SW|UK Static Audi TT y0!

Comment

I don't think stanceworks will ever turn bad, We have good mods here that will ban all teh fags anyways.

04' 350z
                            89' s13 Coupe - Sold

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                            That would liven things up a bit. I could go for a shooting right now.

Comment

This site sucks dick, idk how anyone posts on here with out wanting to kill themselves....

<3
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                              X