Bump Stops and Air Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bump Stops and Air Ride

I'm looking into putting air ride in my car (VX Holden Berlina) and in the back the bump stop runs through the middle of the spring. Can people post some pictures of the bump stops they are running? I don't really want to use the bag - or the ground - as the bump stop. I haven't really had a good look if I can put it somewhere else.

Thanks

just trim as needed...

Comment

If your bump stops are through your springs you will have to remove them to fit a bag. I'm not sure if other companies have jounce bumbers in their bags but we do. There is a bump stop in the bag to keep from smacking the caps together. You can also get creative and relocate the bumpstop.

The other option would be to fab up some mounts for air over style struts. Then you could def just trim your factory bump stops.
      Jesse Jenson
      Air Lift Company
      West Coast Sales Manager
      jjenson@airliftcompany.com
      www.airliftcompany.com

Comment

Yeah a local shop told me to just throw in over strut style bags but I'd rather fab something up than pay more than I need to. So this inner bag style of bump stop, is it designed to have a full cars weight on it and actually act as a bump stop should? I see all these cars slamming down on bump stops and just wonder what they are running.

Comment

We have been doing it in mini trucks for years. When we test them we bottom the out in our rig to try and crack the caps.
          Jesse Jenson
          Air Lift Company
          West Coast Sales Manager
          jjenson@airliftcompany.com
          www.airliftcompany.com

Comment

Working...
          X