Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the stance crowd think about...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does the stance crowd think about...

... bags?

Posting this here since the forum description says "anything about suspension".

Anyways, wondering what your opinions on bags are?

Think they're a cheater solution for pussies? Or think they are the next best thing since the invention of the wheel?

Personally, I'm so-so about them. If used right, I think they are uber awesome, but if used wrong they are utter fail.

Used right: Driving low as f*ck, just raising the car up for stuff you can't get over otherwise without heavy scraping or stuff and for getting inside steep parking garages and so on. WIN!

Used wrong: Parking low, driving stock height. FAIL!

What's your opinion on this?

I'm thinking about going bags on my car next year.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

I'm not that big of a fan, but if thats what you're looking for, go for it! They could make things convenient as hell being able to constantly adjust the ride height.

Comment

As long as you drive it slammed.

I still don't see the point though...If you're gonna drive it slammed and park it slammed then why not just rock coils. Not only are coils usually cheaper, but theres a lot less equipment to deal with.
      Eatin' Babies

Comment

Some cars can pull it off, some cant. It depends on what the owner wants to do.

IMO, bags are awesome, but people with coils that are slammed get way more rep.
        -Brandon
        E46 No More..
        Her Concise History:
        http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=778655

Comment

What has been said pretty much sums it up.

Comment

Originally posted by DaRedRocket View Post
            As long as you drive it slammed.

I still don't see the point though...If you're gonna drive it slammed and park it slammed then why not just rock coils. Not only are coils usually cheaper, but theres a lot less equipment to deal with.
            Well, the goal is to drive it slammed, park it (almost) laying frame and just raise it up for stuff I wouldn't be able to drive over if it were super slammed on coils.

#1: In Germany, we have laws about the minimum height of the light output edge in the car's headlights and tails and so on - the stance i wish for would go well below the minimum for these -> cops pull you over, you're f*cked, should they check this. With airride they can't do isht, as long as you follow a few basic rules.

#2; Getting inside steep parking garages and stuff without risking damage due to always scraping and so on, I don't really have a problem with scraping, but not having to worry about hitting anything important when driving up a parking garage or something would be nice.

I deeply respect people who drive uberslammed on coils, but I think bags are the better choice for someone like me (i.e. wanting to go way lower than the laws allow, having to park in very steep parking garages sometimes due to work and so on).

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

I'd say do it in your situation.

Flickr

Comment

There are 3 ways to see if a car is legally too low in CA, I fail everyone...Nobody gives a shit if my BMW is too low though, thats mainly a problem for the JDM guys.

I'm just a big no bag person...So I guess I'm not the one to ask, haha.

EDIT: Only acceptable application of bags for me is on a VIP car.
                Last edited by driggers.a; 06-08-2009, 07:35 PM.
                Eatin' Babies

Comment

What are the CA rules even? I've heard if the lip is lower than the bottom of the wheel.. but thats a retarted measurement because you just get bigger wheels

Flickr

Comment

1. 22" from middle of headlight to ground.
                    2. Lowest point of car must not be lower than the bottom side of your rim.
                    3. Turn signal height of 15" or higher.

Refer to CVC-24008.
                    Last edited by driggers.a; 06-08-2009, 07:48 PM.
                    Eatin' Babies

Comment

I'm for em. If I had a car I wanted to keep really clean I would rock bags, keep down wear on tires, suspension components and your underbody. I'd probably get bored and slam her down on the highway everyday to work, and that would defeat the purpose.

But since my car is a rusty canadian piece of shit, I don't mind the idea of scraping the hell out my underbody and the goods attached to it. Besides I keep a spare oil pan handy

Comment

I think bags can be pulled off on certain cars. Any big car can pull it off since you might actually want to carry a couple people in the back without eating the interstate the whole way there. Here's my short list.

Teh Sechs List:

Trucks
                        Anything you can call a "big body" (96 or older impala, 7 series, S class benz, etc.)

Fail List:
                        Anything kind of "sport compact" car
                        All the POS American late model crap I see getting bagged

Of course when it comes from the factory with bags, that's all the better. It makes me want an Audi A8 even moar......

Comment

The 22" rule no longer applies from what I understand. I got hit for being too low, cop let me off with a warning.

Comment

Originally posted by LavaSurfer View Post
                            I think bags can be pulled off on certain cars. Any big car can pull it off since you might actually want to carry a couple people in the back without eating the interstate the whole way there.
                            I can carry 5 people with luggage and a full tank of gas no problem.

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                            The 22" rule no longer applies from what I understand. I got hit for being too low, cop let me off with a warning.
                            Well its still in the 2010 CVC database...That means you can technically be written up for it.
                            Last edited by driggers.a; 06-08-2009, 08:55 PM.
                            Eatin' Babies

Comment

About bags.. i would like to have.. but runing KW Variante3 now i bet that kw has better ridequality.. bags allowed by me .. tho more rep with coil lowerings

i like real low cars and mine has ~8cm from bottom of car.. thats about 3.2"?
                              that is lowest legal as finnish roads have speedbums that is 8cm high.. and you need to have ability to go over those.. BUT ppl just don't give a f**k
                              just right place to register your car they just measure cap between wheelcenter & fender but that up to your registration and thats it..

biggest problem there is that you need to find place where to register your ride... as many they have brakedynos and all that shit and you need 8cm clearance on those
                              Project car: MB 190E M50 Turbo build
                              Now: MB W211 320cdi
                              Ex:MB 190E M50, BMW E39 530d

Comment

Working...
                              X