X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color ideas

Hey guys.

Would like some input.

I'm going to repaint my 18s this winter before I finally mount them on the car next spring.

My first thought was staying conservative and just go with silver, though a bit more shiny than the stock oem paint on the wheels.

My second thought was painting them beige / tan like my interior.

This is the wheels with 215/35s on my car (it's my dad's set of wheels in these pictures, car will ultimately be lower / more dialed in once I've got my own set mounted)

This is my own set of wheels, currently with OEM tire sizes.

And my interior color:

Think that would look good?

I'm open for different suggestions as well!

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

I like them in silver. Not sure on how a tan wheel would look!

Comment

Not to keen on the tan wheel idea, but maybe you'll change my mind

Comment

Shiny sliver, maybe a graphite, id definately d a pchop of tan before trying it out.. risky.

White would look to rally on those wheels, unless you did it just right... black, meh

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
          id definately d a pchop of tan before trying it out.. risky.
          Yeah, I tried doing one on these pictures up there but with them being dirty like hell you can't really tell the difference all that good. I think when my dad swaps to his winter tires, I'll swap on his set of 18s again and take a few good pictures and do some pchops on these.

I think if I could get the tan to look just right, that'd look very baller... but it could very easily drift off into looking tacky.

Maybe I'll also just try painting one of my wheels tan just to see how it'll look, since I'll most likely do the painting myself since I'm pretty much limited on my budget, esp. since I might buy a second car soon.

Comment

I have seen some nice looking tan steelies on a VW before. It actually looked pretty good. I did a quick search and nothing turned up, but I will keep looking.

If you do choose to go the tan route, however, IMO it needs to be a super glossy finish.

Comment

Originally posted by 4eyes View Post
              If you do choose to go the tan route, however, IMO it needs to be a super glossy finish.
              Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. I don't think flat or semi-flat tan would look all that good on these wheels, but I want something glossy anyways!

Only car I can think of the top of my head that's got tan wheels:

I like that.

Comment

i think the lighter the tan the better. Although your limited with your interior

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                  i think the lighter the tan the better. Although your limited with your interior
                  Yeah, I think it'S gotta stay pretty close, maybe a bit lighter than the interior.

BTW: I'm excited - I just found a new RD lip for sale I've been looking for months for a RD or Zender lip, wooooooohooooo

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. I don't think flat or semi-flat tan would look all that good on these wheels, but I want something glossy anyways!

Only car I can think of the top of my head that's got tan wheels:

I like that.
                    That looks like off-white, not really tan

Comment

It's the closest I've found so far, anyways.

Comment

Elliot's mayo car! I dont think its quite that dark in reality.. but close?

Flickr

Comment

DOooo iiiit.

Seriously. Tan would be tight as hell.

Luke

Comment

Gun Metal Grey? I think that would look good on a maroon car.
                            |Proper stance and stretch = An acquired taste|

Comment

Go silver imo, the other colors clashes with the color of the car.

I whoud gladly like to be proven wrong, if you go the tan route.
                              -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                              Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Working...
                              X