e36 boston coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e36 boston coupe

bought the car 7 months ago. paid 2700$ had 145k on it.
    Attached Files

Jacques Cousteau could never get this low

im gunna post more pics showing the mods ive done in the time ive owned the e36

Comment

k so one of the first mods i ended up doing because i had read so much about it in bmw mags was the bigger manifold on the m52.
      after spending 5 hours+ with me and my buddys working on the conversion, many curses later it was done.
      the performance gains were so so, a lot more noticeable in higher revs.

Comment

after the manifold was installed, i already had the corsa exhaust for a e36 M3 with up swept tips. so i installed that on mothers day.
        not long after that got my CAI
        that was all and good but when i purchased the car it like many e36's had a torn throttle body boot. my car also had a traction control unit which i saw as a bit silly. so a call to bimmer world racing and 3 days later i had a new boot that deleted the traction control throttle body. believe it or not but doing this really improves driving feel and response.

Comment

so after that everything was all well and good, apart from a small cooling issue i i thought to have resolved. but other than that evey thing was routine got some new spark plugs and did an oil service. i ordered a new cooling system. i got new radiator,performance water pump,aluminum stat housing, low temp stat, radiator cap, and new hoses.

i also got a spal electric fan. my order came in and i stacked the boxes in the house, then one week later, took a trip to pick my friend up from the bus station Springfield and on the way back my stat failed on a hill in a one way. then disaster the upper rad house blew off cause the car to stall and roll reverse a one way. to make it all better we were in what could be called a ghetto.
          any how one tow for 30$ later and i was off to work on the electric fan mod and the system overhaul. 3 days later we had the car running again

the fan mod actually freed up more power than people like to believe. this was further improved by the addition of uuc under drive pulley set, which you somewhat can see in the picture of the stat.
          a few jokes later and......

hahaha jdm bmw eyelids

Comment

then i thought the rear could use a bit of stiffening.
            so a strut brace was fitted.

thought maybe my car was a bit plain so....

smoked the ails and side markers. you can also see part of the exhaust i have fitted. as you can see the emblem on my trunk was tarnished, so i decided to be different and continue the debadged look and painted it flat black.

idk some like it some dont i think its fine.
            ohh yea one day i lost my fog light panel while drive to ware. so insted of buying one i decided i could make one just as good..

you can see it in this front shot also see the blacked out grills. and just for shits angle eye night shot.

Comment

money money money .... pit

i purchased a set of eyelids because after rolling with the neon tape i decided i liked the look of the eyelids on the car. so i pick a pair up for 15$

not bad for $15 and free shipping. i had to modify them a bit but i somewhat expected that.
              they complement the black grills and smoked lights i think. idk im prob not gunna paint them anytime soon.
              i also got the TMS software instaled the yesterday. real nice imrovement complimented the othe mods fairly well.
              next things to come are
              -biger brakes
              -17's possibly 18's (if any one in the MA area is selling some staggered rims let me kno please)
              - front lip
              -interior retrim.
              -roll arches.( i have a arch roller just have had time, if anyone needs theres done let me kno)

Comment

after we installed the software i needed gas so i took a clasic gas station shot.
                cars pretty dirty but doesn't really matter... here it is

then i washed and waxed her up so took a quick shot

here is a angle shot i really want to find a set of rims for the car i feel as if it needs em

Comment

Those headlights are terrible

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                    + a billion.

Comment

This.
                      They remind me of when I had eyelids on my stock headlights...
                      Thank God I'm past them...

But other than the headlights it looks clean!

Comment

thank you i am well aware but they came on the car so im not gunna shove out 200+ dollars just yet as my car could use other things before i address the ugly headlights. i do appreciate the input on the car though. any opinions on what to do next?
                        Last edited by mo diesil; 10-18-2009, 02:26 PM.

Comment

New headlights
                          coilovers
                          wheels
                          -George
                          flickr

Comment

yea im looking for a good set currently, im looking at mz3 rims, bbs rk's and also some borbet type t's. if anyone knows of any good deals on rims in the north east let me kno.

a couple days ago i installed a short shift kit and new bushes, nice difference from stock i suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by da3bous
                              I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Working...
                              X