Straight Outta Stuttgart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straight Outta Stuttgart

This week, we’re going to be lucky enough to have two Porsches of successive generations underneath the Fluid roof. The newcomer, who will be joining our beloved 997 Carrera Cabriolet, is a 996 Turbo (non-GT2). Without giving too much away, let’s just say that this specific Turbo should leave this shop looking just as boss as the 997 will. For now, though, it sits in beautiful stock form, right outside the door:

And now, back to our familiar friend, the Carrera Cabriolet. The custom control arms that Fluid put together is undergoing a small revision. After going with the decision to use Heim joints at the end of the control arm, we did some test driving and realized something - Heim joints are NOT quiet. Quite the opposite, in fact. So, we hopped back over to the welding table, and rewelded the ends of the control arms to use polyurethane bushings. After a quick test drive, it’s as quiet as a field mouse. Great success!

Last edited by Oxer; 03-23-2011, 08:27 AM.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Fluid Motor Union to me is what Charlie & The Chocolate Factory is to a fat kid.

Comment

good luck making a 996 look boss without a 997 front end conversion.
      Hatchbacks, wagons... It's NOT all the same. You want in? Don't get a mazda 3, get a mazda 6 wagon. Don't get a wrx get a legacy wagon. and theres a reason the A3 isn't called the A3 avant... Scion does not make a wagon it makes a weird van, but no wagons

Sincerely,
      The Wagon Mafia:Inner Circle
      P.S. Is your tail a wagon?

Show cars are lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebounder View Post
        Where there is a will, there is a way.
        Originally posted by anth
        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by anth View Post
          Fluid Motor Union to me is what Charlie & The Chocolate Factory is to a fat kid.
          I think this is quite possibly the most awesome compliment we've received. Thank you for making me laugh on a day where all I want to do is curse the man that invented alcohol.

Originally posted by Rebounder View Post
          ...And a manual conversion. This one's Tiptronic, which made for a lot of sad faces at the Fluid compound. But rest assured, we're talking with the owner right now to see what he wants, and we're going to come up with some good ideas in the meantime.

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
          Where there is a will, there is a way.
          That's what she said. The previous sentence only works if you accept the Victorian English definition of 'will,' which roughly translates to 'dong.' I'm not making this up, these are the things they teach you in high-level English classes.
          Last edited by FluidMotorUnion; 03-24-2011, 09:34 AM.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
          www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
          I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

Andgepants,

Originally posted by anth
            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Working...
            X