Hard Times, Poor Fitment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Times, Poor Fitment?

Hey, so basically, long story short, my car caught fire midway thru an engine swap and killed everything, so I got a replacement as I had some monies, then that fell apart, so I got a Mk2 Golf as a project, and now I just got stitched up on a rent agreement because of somebody else and got robbed of all my money to clear up somebody else's mistakes...

I'm not here to complain, but what this issue boils down to is... fitment with poor wheels. I'm not a quitter and I need to drive something with correct stance and fitment, even if it means narrower wheels than I'd like for the moment.

The only wheels I can afford right now that I like, and save me from rolling on stock wheels, are 17x8 et20, and they need to go on an E36 Compact. I have a friend who can make me any I need spacers, but as the wheels are bought but not here for another few days, what would I need to get flush?

Thanks for the help!

Ok lol, if nobody wants to say, then does anyone have a hub to fender measurement for E36's so I can calculate what I'd need?

Comment

Most style 5s are 17x8 ET20, use them as a base for it, so many E36s with them must be able to find a compact around.

Not sure of the back space on E36s, specially the compacts but 12-15mm would be a good place to start. Does your friend have any you can test, might be able to push to 20mm with the right tyres.

Comment

Cool thanks alot man, I'll have a look around for a Compact with Style 5's as I guess there's gotta be a few about as so many people run them, and make an (un)educated guess on spacers.

Thanks Jorge.

Comment

craigslist. i've seen bbs rs 17s asking price 750 before. check it.
          Hatchbacks, wagons... It's NOT all the same. You want in? Don't get a mazda 3, get a mazda 6 wagon. Don't get a wrx get a legacy wagon. and theres a reason the A3 isn't called the A3 avant... Scion does not make a wagon it makes a weird van, but no wagons

Sincerely,
          The Wagon Mafia:Inner Circle
          P.S. Is your tail a wagon?

Show cars are lame.

Comment

I'm in England man, we don't have "wagons" or "craigslist".

Most people over here know what stuff's worth and we don't get spoilt for choice without decent cash behind us or good mates, and my mates aren't into BMW's.

Cheers anyway man, you guys over there definitely seem to get some bargains.

Comment

Oh and it's looking like 10mm spacers up front and 25's out back, in case anyone does a search sometime and this comes up. Will update with pics at a slightly later date.

Comment

if you use style 5 on a e36 compact your looking at poke with more than 10mm spacers.

Its almost flush out back on the compact with stock style5 and no spacers..id say 5 to 10mm max
                Raw Spec

Comment

Working...
                X