Main page width on iPad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main page width on iPad

Just a note, when browsing the main Stanceworks homepage/blog, the width overruns the width of the display on my iPad. Most other pages on the web correctly resize to the width of the browser, either by reformatting or zooming out (which is wht happens on the forum pages). This is true in either portrait or landscape format as well, using different browsers, which makes me think it might be a limitation of how the page renders to something that is less than 1000px or so in width, although I'm not an expert.

Anyway, just a note
    Steve - now in San Diego!

Shoot My Car - Automotive Photography in SoCal

Kinda noticed this myself when browsing online on iPad and it was a little annoying. Can't remember what it looks like off the top of my head though.

Comment

Bump...can this be fixed? It's somewhat annoying...lol

Comment

Any plans on correcting this?
        I tend to get quite low every time I try to read the articles on my ipad...

Comment

I've noticed this on one or two other sites I visit on the iPad. Must be something that mobile Safari isn't reading properly.

Comment

i have the same problem as well... have anyone else tried with a different app? same outcome?
            CUSCO USA // BRIDE JAPAN

Comment

I think I tried it once with a couple of other browsers...... however many other apps use the Safari engine so the problem persists.

Comment

Yeah I get the same, so frustrating. I absolutely love the blog, one of my favourites on the whole web! But the page size really let's down what is a beautifully put together site

Comment

Actually I noticed this also happens (at least in Chrome) if you resize the browser window much smaller, the margins don't remain consistent and about 1/2" of text is lost on the left. Happens on some sites but not others.

Comment

Its not just the Ipad, As stated before I have had problems with this in the past in chrome and I have also had the same problem on my Zune HD
                    Originally posted by JC.
                    'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Any news here? Is it because of ipads resolution or is it simply a renderingproblem?

Show the ipad some love admins! <3

Comment

Happening to me too...

Comment

The main issue is that the blog / home page is raw code or atleast being displayed as raw code somewhat which means it isn't dynamically figureing out what device it is being called from and thus not adapting to the size of your ipad, it remains at 910px in width which is if I am not mistaken just wider than actual pixel size for web browsing on the ipad.

However, the forum is dynamic, and by that I mean it is powerd by a plugin if you will called vBulletin which is a great forum tool. When you access the page via an ipad or mobile device vBulletin is smart enough to know that you are calling the page from this device and has a preset amount of options to how to display it best for that device, chances are they paid a little bit of change to get the vBulletin on the site and this is why.

The solution is pretty easy using php you can also determine on the blog which device the page is being called from and have different options based on that device...a pretty good php script to do so is found here http://chrisschuld.com/projects/brow...wser-from-php/

I know most people dont have a clue what I am talking about and that is fine, but possibly the webmaster will see this and be able to implement the code pretty easily and solve your issue

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 84 Jetta Diesel

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM

Comment

Just got the new iPad and would love to have the blog fixed. The pictures look amazing on the new display!

Comment

Originally posted by Malte View Post
                              Any news here? Is it because of ipads resolution or is it simply a renderingproblem?

Show the ipad some love admins! <3
                              Sorry about not getting back to you guys, but your requests were collected and considered. We've been working steadily to create a website that works with the various mobile options out there. The last few months were spent working on a new design and I think you guys will like it. You should finally be able to view the blog on your ipad in all its glory.

Let us know what you think and let me know if you find any issues. We're still working out a few kinks here and there.

Comment

Working...
                              X