Stiffer In The Rear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stiffer In The Rear

...I imagine the StanceWorks commentariat will appear solely to make jokes based on the above title.

But, I digress, to the blog post!

The idea behind today’s title comes from our first project of the week. We’re going to be putting an E60 M5 on the dyno for a custom tune very soon, but before that happened, the customer wanted to reduce some of the understeer common in the E60 M5’s stock suspension setup. In order to remedy this situation, he chose to change out both his front and rear sway bars. The rear sway bar is stiffer than the stock counterpart, so understeer should drop by a good amount, its replacement being some fun-loving, tire-smoking oversteer:

And in fabrication news, the final welds are put in place on the Corvette intake. If any intake in existence looks more like an alien mothership, we’d like to see it. This one won’t be conquering planets any time soon, though, which is good, because it’s really only meant to conquer the stock Corvette intake’s airflow. In the meantime, it’s still quite a formidable sight to see:

If you’re wondering what that little round piece is on the front of the intake, it’s a custom-fabricated long screw, meant to tighten the entire intake system together. And despite the fact that the screw has a seemingly boring job, we found a way to spice it up just a bit by making it look pretty important:

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

I like to stiff her in the rear.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

yay for sway barz

looking good mang
      Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
        I like to stiff her in the rear.
        I was very close to naming the title "Stiff 'er in the rear," but I'd like to keep my job.

Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
        yay for sway barz

looking good mang
        Thanks mang.

Just got a 22mm rear sway for the Si, too. Can't wait for lift-throttle oversteer in my FF car again

www.fluidmotorunion.com
        www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Is the intake going to be a raw finish when its all done?
          Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
            Is the intake going to be a raw finish when its all done?
            We're going to powdercoat it (well, not us, but the company we contract all our powdercoating to), just to make sure that anything that gets into the engine bay won't risk deteriorating the aluminum.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
            www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
              I was very close to naming the title "Stiff 'er in the rear," but I'd like to keep my job.
              Probably in your best interest.
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
              X