• Show
Clear All

• H&R race springs

Any one here used them before?
    any opinions on them?
    wheres the best place to buy them?

Buy coilovers.

Comment

^ yep. going coils is one of my favorite things ive done to my car to date.
      You have an e30?

Flickr

Comment

yup have an e30, cant afford coilovers, just bought bilstein b8s not long ago, already had h&r sport springs in the car when i bought it.

what coils did you get stephen?

Comment

race springs are nice. they will drop you a little more then you are now. They are not going to "slam" your car but they have a pretty nice drop. As far as handling they are very solid. If you cant get coils def get a set of these

Comment

buy coilovers. I just sold my e30 and had new H&R races on it with Bilsteins. It was a good suspension but not if you're trying to go low. It was still a little high. I'd just save up for coilovers if you're trying to make your car really low.

Got mine from bimmerworld.com though, great service

Comment

I ***** my race springs. Even with Koni's they still felt like shit. Save up and do it right the first time with coilovers.

Comment

ok if you want a drop like coils on an e30, kw fk vogtland or lowtec are the only names to consider. they have a sweet drop and the rates to match. i run fk 60/40 and im about as lo as i dare take my car on these ny streets. i only have a half inch left to kill my fender gap.

Comment

Try Eibach Sportlines. Good drop, good ride, very decent handling.

That is, of course, if you can't get coils.

Originally posted by bataangpinoy View Post
                  ok if you want a drop like coils on an e30, kw fk vogtland or lowtec are the only names to consider. they have a sweet drop and the rates to match.
                  Ground Controls.

Comment

they dont make sport lines for the e30.

Comment

Coilovers. They are going to pay for themselves over and over again and you will be way happier with them. Save the money you would have spent of springs and put it away until you can buy coils.

I've had both H&R sports and race springs on various models of VW and neither ride well with stock struts and neither give you more than .75-1in drop... Not worth the money IMO.

It's also not worth buying arguably stiffer springs without buying struts more matched for heavy springs... thus more money you need to spend....

...which is why I say save your money away until you can get coils.

Comment

Coils are only $100 more than Races.

Do you have a late model or an early?

Comment

i am currently on cut h&r's hahah....forgot which ones tho...i think the sports...sold my coilovers
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
                            Coils are only $100 more than Races.

Do you have a late model or an early?

theyre not real coils though are they?
                            ive got a late model

Comment

Do what I should done the first time around: buy coilovers. I regret my decision to buy the Bilstein/H&R Sport combo.

Comment

Working...
                              X