This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Making the switch"

So some of you know the car.. It's already on air, but decided to redo a bunch of stuff..

No BS, no chatter. Got a killer deal on a Switch Speed setup thanks to Mike over at AccuAir. Obviously they offer a superior system to the cookie cutter autopilot (don't get me started)

So to keep it brief.. The big plan this year it my full interior rewrap (:thumbup::thumbup and to redo my management and run a few little hardlines, but that has changed so here it is..

Less talk, more pics.

Operation get this heap off the floor

Senders in

Tank sender

All the under hardlines are not in yet

At this point getting these two compressors running... will add the two others at another point once everything is operating as it should.

Playing with some differeent ideas for mounting the dakota

Really starting to like this idea. delete cup holders and set the Dakota in (it currently doesn't fit. Then mold the SS controller in..

Lonely night in the garage

Leader lines are for poosies

Option 1.

Option 2.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get everything fully operational and button up the last aesthetic bits. :thumbup:
    Bag Riders
    AccuAir

looking good Ben. And I like the first option on the hardlines. I think they look cleaner that way. the second option looks rushed imo
    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Today was kinda rough, came up a bit short of what I thought I had put away for financing some other ideas for the project so I felt the need to really knuckle down on the car.. got a TON done.

I'll let the pics talk :thumbup:

So heres the cluster fck I started with.. Note: there are not wires for the senders yet and all the wires are look like a 5 year olds coloring book..

Cleaned it up a bit, trimmed some wire, and got all the wires colored as they should be (power- red, black -ground ect).

Closeup of the relay

So here you see a few things.. the RIGHT dist. block is all ground and the left is all power, which you can see the fuse along the bottom of the picture

Ran out of black wire so used blue for the sender grounds

Took the armrest apart again for an idea i had

Making a harness for the dakota

Under the carpet.. into the armrest

Snaked it through

Yeah, used a tiger saw to cut it up

Started the wiring..

more...

Getting a bit more cluttered but I'm trimming, tucking, and pinning the rest down

the back...

Winner!

More cutting...

All trimmed down...

Seemed to fit flusher in person:thumbup:

more line

Ran all the lines under the floor and its all peachy... just have to do the two compressor lines and after a quick lint roller and polish of the lines I'll be ready to show :thumbup:

Worked 9am to 2am the next day so 14 hours inthe garage (-a little over an our at my buddies working on his .:R) Can't wait for next weekend to get the seats in and button the rest up!
      Bag Riders
      AccuAir

Comment

man this looks great, cant wait to see this all together!

Comment

Great job! I love the cleanliness of your setup. You're doing air proud!

Comment

<3
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

looks good, Question, For the Dakota Meter, did you Twist or ziptie all those wires together?
              Originally posted by Jesus Christ
              he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

ziptie
                Bag Riders
                AccuAir

Comment

All this for a cheater setup

Jk, looks good Ben. How's the fitment of that box to the sides of the trunk? Do you not plan on putting anything back there anymore?

Comment

Looking killer Ben, keep it up!
                    Mike Alexander
                    Director of Marketing
                    Mike@AccuAirCS.com
                    (877) 247-3696

Comment

"anything back there anymore" meaning in the hatch? no i do have the small cubby on the left and until I add in the additional compressors I have a good 1' x 1' space on each side of the compressors for small items if need be.

Thanks allot mike!
                      Bag Riders
                      AccuAir

Comment

New "Bucket seat"

ITS ALIVE!

This has been the first time since... Thanksgiving? that the car has been driven. I drove it around the block and the air is 100% fully operational. Big thanks to Derek and Mike over at Accuair! All thats left to do with the management is to tighten things up, fix a few minor leaks and bend the last two hardlines. Interior wont be reveled until dustoff :
                        Bag Riders
                        AccuAir

Comment

So good. Cannot wait to see this.
                          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Came out killer man, can't wait to see the final results!
                              Mike Alexander
                              Director of Marketing
                              Mike@AccuAirCS.com
                              (877) 247-3696

Comment

Working...
                              X