Yoshi's 240 of angst and suffering.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoshi's 240 of angst and suffering.

Here is my little time line/ build up of my 240. I bought it stock with just an intake and test pipe welded in where the cat went... And I just kinda went from there. They say pictures are worth a thousand words... well I have probably about a million words worth of pictures coming your way...

Here it is from start to current:

Then I started modifying it, starting w/ suspension. I got some tokiko blues w/ eibach springs for $100.

After that I started auto-xing. My driving experience up until then was go-kart racing.

After about 4 auto-x events I went to my first drift event in Michigan at Drift Battle where I taught myself to drift. Open diff and all lol.

I then moved to Tennessee and went to a few parking lot events.

I bought some SPL Tension Rods followed by inner and out tie rods w/ spacers and then spl rucas.

A few more events and my ka started leaking valve seals. So I got a new "rebuilt" one... It was rebuilt but a small rock had fallen into one of the cylinders during the rebuild... which I found out later...

I got another open diff and had it welded. After that I bought my Enkei 92s.

Then went to a drift event where the little rock that was impeded into my piston had created a cold spot I guess and my rings blew on that cylinder.

Got the car home found out the head was good... don't know how but I wasn't complaining. So I used the head from that motor and the block from my first and put together my current KA.

Shortly after that I got myself some Stance GR+ Pro coilovers and went to some events.

Then I got a stage four competition clutch and flywheel.

Went to play in atlanta

Here is one of my runs from Triple Threat 2 Part 2 in Atlanta hosted by SED (South East Drift). I don't have much footage from the event and am working on ed...

And a piktar

Then I put on the ISIS straight through race exhaust and ss powers steering line:

And here is a video:

Just put my new exhaust on. It's an ISIS straight through race exhaust. It's 3 inches straight through and splits at the axles into two 3 inch sections. My s...

I only took it to about 2-2.5k rpm because I didn't want to bother the neighbors. The video doesn't do it justice.

I am SUCH a cool kid haha

Went to a drift event

Here are some of my runs from the Tennessee Drift Challenge presented by South East Drift. It was a fun event and I want to thank SED for hosting it! I had l...

Car was doing great. And wound up going to another event where I hit the wall and bent my header and ripped the hangers off my exhaust and sent on hanger through my gas tank and scuffed my bumper up. Not really bad damage considering I hit anywhere from 35-40mph. I patched the gas tank and went out again open header and had a good time.

While driving home one day, my clutch fork pivot sheered on me and I had to pull the trans and I replaced it with a forged chromolly pivot. I also replaced the ripped trans mount with a poly race mount from peak performance.

Trans out

Broken pivot

New mount

Got the car together and went to the event sunday. I noticed my car was low on power on the way there and my first run confirmed it. It felt like I was driving up hill in fifth gear driving down the straight away. I had terrible runs all day because my car couldn't get out of it's own way. I think my maf went out and it started dumping fuel because I was running rich as hell. Shortly there after it started running horrible and I am pretty sure I bent some valves... there were loud pops and a few booms and lots of fire balls...

The car is now at my shop and I am going to tear the motor down tonight to figure out what exactly went wrong.

Now I get to decide what I want to do motor wise...

WOW that is a long post...
    Last edited by Yoshi; 10-23-2009, 01:18 PM.
    -bump steer makes driving more exciting- (>_<) ヨシ ドリ
    Garage Tune LLC - Will try to match or beat ANY PRICE they can

Nice post! Looks like you had some great control in that first video!

Comment

haha thanks man.

here are some other videos I forgot to add to the post

Here is one big video with all the separate videos of me from Welcome Back presented by South East Drift and Traction Optional. It was a great event, many th...

One of my runs from SEDA/TO presents "We Aint Finished" at Nashville Superspeedway Sept 20 2008Feel free to comment and pleas subscribe!

One of my runs from SEDA/TO presents "We Aint Finished" at Nashville Superspeedway Sept 20 2008

there are others on my little channel deal on youtube if you are bored and feelin froggy...

And here are some pictures from the event I lost my exhaust lol

Patching my gas tank with a mountain dew can and jb weld

Me driving my buddies car while the jb weld was drying on my gas tank lol

Back out on the track after fixing the car

I have no pictures from the last event cuz well... I did horrible haha and I only had like eight runs and all were shitty because I had no power... I do wish I caught the fire balls on film though...

Working on it on the way home at the gas station

It's a love **** relationship... I don't think the car appreciates me though...
      Last edited by Yoshi; 10-13-2009, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by B Rod View Post
        Nice post! Looks like you had some great control in that first video!
        More control then whoever was holding the camera

Comment

haha that would be my dad... he and technology don't get along well.

Comment

i want one haha
            http://www.flickr.com/r_sotelo

Comment

Holy shit do you know struka?

It looks like you are in those storage buildings where my buddy Jim used to work. I have worked on my car in that same spot. hha
              i used to live in Cookeville for school

Comment

Yes as a matter of fact I do know struka. I found out he had a shop in the same place right after we got it lol

Comment

haha nice, its just cool to see pics of places i used to chill. cool man. glad your on here.

Comment

lol Struka.

Small world.

Comment

great post!
                      -Jorge-

Comment

Glad to be on here. James Evins showed me this site when he was setting up norotas and I meant to register but never got around to it and figured I would join up.

Comment

thats a wicked cool car. That motor looks amazing cleaned up but why didn't you also do the intake manifold while you had it all cleaned up

Comment

Looks amazing dude, I love seeing cars like this. Raw, driven to their full potential.. Good luck with any future plans dude!
                            Originally posted by anth
                            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

nice build. keep it going

Comment

Working...
                              X