exhaust sound...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust sound...

thankfully my car doesn't have a Honda sound. its not raspy at all, it sounds close to a subie

anyways i have 2l engine with a header, and 2" piping stock exhaust with muffler.

im looking to get even more of a Subaru sound.

i've been told to go 2.5 piping from cat back with a 20" glasspack. i don't know much about how it works but any suggestions on a deep throaty sound?
    KINGSTONPHOTO.NET
    2005 Kia Spectra5 Build

Get a subie? Not bashing your car by any means, but I think it would be difficult to achieve a boxer exhaust tone with a Kia.

Cole

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
    yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

Comment

Get a subaru then. J/K

As stated above it is a function of the engine design, that is why it is distinctive.

Comment

get some cams with more aggressive valve timing. maybe that will make your car sound more burbly.
        or just get a subie

Comment

Deep throaty sound out of a 2l kia motor? I don't see that happening no matter what you do, swap a v8 or subaru engine.

Comment

take one of your spark leads off, it will run like shit but boy will it sound like a subi

Comment

subies are horizontally opposed engines aka boxer. thats what gives them their rumble. your best bet is to go 2.25 exhaust piping(ideal for N/A cars) and run headers back and see what happens..(with a highflow cat of course)

Comment

I see nothing wrong with a Honda sound, my B18B1 is throaty as hell and sounds amazing.

Comment

Close to a subie? Probably misfiring lol.

Hondas sound good if done right.

Comment

This thread makes me LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                      Close to a subie? Probably misfiring lol.

Hondas sound good if done right.
                      yeah not all hondas sound like shit.

but your best bet to get that scoobaru sound is to just get one. the kia is not going to supply you with that sound
                      Flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X