Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for the ferry

Hey,

Right im off to the nerbergring and heaven on wheels at the end of this month, and my mini is about 2cm off the ground and were debating weather it will get on the ferry at all..

Anyone got any good simple ideas as to how to get my car on the ferrry without annoying all the other cars and people who are working on the ferry??

Thanks

Hi Anna, first of all welcome! I know youve introduced yourself in the intro section but ill say hi here...

When youre waiting to board the ferry, youll see marshalls kicking about waving traffic through. Just ask them if you can go on the bottom deck where there are no up and down ramps, its with all the lorrys and trailers etcc..Theyll see you have a low car and hopefully use common sense and direct you. Ive done half a dozen euro shows now in proper low dubs so I know youll be able to do it

What port you going from? Dover?

Rich
    -SW|UK-
    Education - Knowledge - Power
    insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

Is there a slope getting onto ferries? Just thinking of the TG episode finding the best road when they barely got off.

Take 2 planks of wood with you lol

Comment

Definitely take a couple of peices of wood. Unless you can do what Rich said the up ramp is a little iffy, but the last part onto the actual ferry's is quite big and if you're low you'll beach Doable with wood though

Comment

take a run up!

I just forced mine on... much to the amusment of the staff.
          Build Thread:Bagged Integra Type R DC2.

Comment

This. ^

The advantages of flexy vw splitters eh :P
            Project NewCoolOldSchool started

Comment

Well yeh ive been told about the wood and its what i planned.. But my other half whos done so many belugim shows is kinda known for annoying the people who work there and getting out every year..
              Apparently your not actually aloud too..
              Im jut kinda worried i am going to get beached, as my car is offically the only car to never get on the ramps at his work, and thats kinda impressed... and funny

I dont wannt be like yay france.... BANG kinda thing haha..
              Run up is sounding good though tbh!

Comment

From the pictures your car doesn't look 'that' low, there are a lot of us on here that are running lower, unless you have one of those silly cars like VWs that have more engine stuff lower than bodywork.

I'd image you'd be totally fine. Shorter wheelbase than some too in a Mini.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaRoe View Post
                  Well yeh ive been told about the wood and its what i planned.. But my other half whos done so many belugim shows is kinda known for annoying the people who work there and getting out every year..
                  Apparently your not actually aloud too..
                  been aloud on the lower deck with the trucks every time ive been on so i reckon youll be sound! Not harm is asking them
                  -SW|UK-
                  Education - Knowledge - Power
                  insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

when i was in the uk an bought a low s14, we was directed to the low deck, the guys was giving thums up

Enjoy the Nurburgring, but be carefoul, the name " the green hell" is of a reason.
                    www.gsbildeler.no The best BMW parts suplyer!
                    www.akgmotorsport.com all u need
                    www.vts-racing.no/forum/index.php My buddies in norway
                    E28 with a s50b32 m3 engine
                    sigpic[

Comment

its not as bad as everyone thinks it is take the ramp at angles and as the mini has a short wheel base you will be fine.

only time ive ever seen someone use wood was robbie in the brown saxo when he tackled the speed bumps in the french port on the way home.

and see u there but im going over in the train

Comment

awesome cheers for the help... And my car doesnt look epicly low.. but i scrap on like everything and i get stuck on ramps and stuff its pretty entertaining i think :P
                        And to be fair its got a splitter that is lower to the ground that you cant see.. but im not to bothered i like how it looks so thats fine to me :P

Comment

Originally posted by chris_newcoololdschool View Post
                          This. ^

The advantages of flexy vw splitters eh :P
                          hell yeah, mine takes a complete battering - its getting quite alot shorter but that about it.
                          Build Thread:Bagged Integra Type R DC2.

Comment

my splitter aint so great then bad times! lol

Comment

I dont know much about the ferry boats over there, but over here if the tide is low there is no getting on or off the boat for me, but if the tide is mid to high I take my time, put my hazards on, drive down the center of two lanes piss everyone off in the process, including the workers, then after I am parked and everyone else (to be sure they dont key my car) has left the auto deck I go above as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X