Need help with Impreza Stance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Impreza Stance

Like you see I'm new to the forum but i've been watching SW for a while and now I need your help. I have a Subaru Impreza GT or Subaru Impreza RS aka GC8 body. I live in Iceland which offers NO diversity of wheels, so with my finance I bought wheels i've wanted since I was a little kid, Volk CE28N. But here is the problem;

They are 18" big but only 7.5" wide with a et48 offset I think

Are there ANY tires that I can use that stretch even a little bit? Is there any way I can make my Impreza look fkn sweet flush?

And when I was trying to roll my rear fender there was alot of rust under the paint so it started to chip so much that I dont dare to roll more

Any hints, ideas, commands are welcome lol
    Last edited by Madvillain; 02-25-2011, 12:06 PM.

Any tyres will stretch on any wheels. Its the offset tahts more important. I am not sure what they are standard, and what makes them flush on Subaru's but you could fit something like a 195 tyre for a small stretch, and then push the wheels outwards with some 20mm spacers or something?

Comment

165 x 50 tyres are your friends.
      Build Thread:Bagged Integra Type R DC2.

Comment

Isnt there a big problem getting 18" tires that narrow/small?

Comment

lol at this whole post
          Disclaimer:
          I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

Originally posted by FreshLikeSushi View Post
            lol at this whole post
            '
            You suck at helping

Comment

Originally posted by Madvillain View Post
              Isnt there a big problem getting 18" tires that narrow/small?
              They are harder to come by, yes. With wheels that large, there is very little demand for such skinny tires. You rarely see 18x6's so there's really very little reason for tire companies to make something like a 185 for an 18.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about achieving stretch. If you have 18x7.5's you probably don't need the stretch. You should aim for a stance that's more fitting for the wheels you have. They may not be the best width for the whole flush/poke look, but you could go for a great tuck look. That's what I would do at least. I run 205's on my 7.5's and just go with a tucked stance that works well.

Comment

Originally posted by Madvillain View Post
                '
                You suck at helping
                you suck at searching
                sucks doesn't it?
                Disclaimer:
                I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

Originally posted by FreshLikeSushi View Post
                  you suck at searching
                  sucks doesn't it?
                  Nothing sucks more than your lack of helpness.

And thank you Rally for your answer. You helped me with something I did not understand

Comment

Working...
                  X