Future Fireballs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Fireballs

Another day, another new exhaust system being built in the Fluid MotorUnion fabrication garage.

This week, on top of everything else that’s going on with regards to tuning and other projects, fabrication has started to design a new exhaust for a customer’s Dodge Ram SRT-10. Even though, yes, it’s a truck, AJ would have something very long and poignant to say here, but since he’s out for the day, I’ll continue it in his stead. Yes, it’s a pickup. However, it’s not just any pickup. For the uninitiated, the SRT-10 contains the 10-cylinder engine from the Dodge Viper. That means it’s got some serious power behind it, and one hell of an exhaust noise, to boot. This specific SRT-10, however, had an exhaust that just left us with question marks over our heads, and it’s exactly those question marks we’re here to remove. The previous exhaust, pictured below, seems a little more hack-and-slash than we’re accustomed to, and the welds are starting to look a little worse for the wear. We’re going to be making a custom exhaust for this SRT-10 from the stock header flanges all the way back. The flange for the SRT-10’s header is quite interesting, as well, so we included a picture of that also; it’s the triangular-shaped piece directly above the headers:

We shall see what sort of fireball-spewing monster will become of this truck in due time. For now, let’s move our attention back to the project SL, where we are finally putting our powdercoated goodies back onto the car. With the hub adapters and everything in place, the build is starting to move forward at a more rapid pace. The exhaust should be finished soon, as well, since we were waiting on the rest of the suspension work to be finished before we finalized the exhaust design. For now, here’s the collection of fresh-looking bits that we’ve collected so far:

Updates to the SL's build thread should be soon!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

i knew a exhaust was in the making when i read that title. just disappointed that there are no sexy pictures of the welds / headers / that guy with huge beard and sweet welding skills.
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
      i knew a exhaust was in the making when i read that title. just disappointed that there are no sexy pictures of the welds / headers / that guy with huge beard and sweet welding skills.
      While Craig isn't very camera-shy, he's been too busy with the SL today for me to get another modeling career off the ground.

And don't worry, plenty more welds will fill these forums soon enough

www.fluidmotorunion.com
      www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
      I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

Working...
      X