255/40/17 on 11" wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 255/40/17 on 11" wheel

So I have my eye on a set of corvette offset 11" wide wheels, but I'd def have to stretch a tire on there to make them fit. If I could somehow get a 255/40/17 on there, would I still be able to drive the car hard and not worry about the tire bead popping off?
    -David
    active autowerke | e46non.com | nitto-tire | dtm-spec.net | precision-sport.com

make sure they're not 10.5 owned by someone who doesn't know how to measure wheels.
    I'm betting they're RSs... no?

Comment

You can fit 235 or 245's on 11's. You'll be fine with a 255.
      ShakotanOscar.blogspot.com
      Fabulous Street Scene

Comment

just keep an eye on sidewall height at 255. You should have no problem stretching that on there, but you might have to drop the sidewall height if you're trying to keep an even look with the front.
        “The first race was conceived when the second car was built.”

+ Josh @ BlownEuros

Comment

i have a 235/40 on my 11's, havent had a problem as far as beads popping off, driven it low enough on air that the gauge didn't read anything, no problems. People tend to forget that if your taking a right hand turn hard, yes your stressing the outside bead on the left side, but you also have an inside bead that's pushing. Ive never seen a bead derail from taking a corner

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

The beads will not be unseated, regardless. It's VERY hard to unseat beads; that's why there are pneumatic machines to do it for you. Keep the tire inflated to spec/a bit over spec and you'll be just fine.
            Originally posted by Jesus Christ
            if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
            Originally posted by Jedidiah
            he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
              make sure they're not 10.5 owned by someone who doesn't know how to measure wheels.
              I'm betting they're RSs... no?
              Yes they're RS's. My last set of wheels were RS's and I miss them already.. haha. It's good to know that I'll be fine with that tire. I'm gonna try and work out a deal now
              -David
              active autowerke | e46non.com | nitto-tire | dtm-spec.net | precision-sport.com

Comment

Long shot, but I don't suppose anyone's got pics of a 235 on an 11.5 have they?

http://projectvert.wordpress.com

Comment

Not exactly but some 245/35 on 11" ->

Project 1.
                  Project 2.

www.facebook.com/NenimousGarage

Comment

Cool thanks!

http://projectvert.wordpress.com

Comment

Hmm that needs more stretch....
                      sigpic

Comment

teaser pics?
                        Last edited by ZiMMie; 10-27-2009, 10:43 PM.

www.stancefactory.com

Comment

Working...
                        X