Wider's Getting Better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wider's Getting Better

Now that the sun is out, and it’s not snowing, it’s time to get some shots of the Porsche Carrera and see where we (and it) stands.

If you recall from previous entries, you’d know that we intend to stance this Porsche out properly. We started by sending the wheels out to be widened by 1.5″ in the rear, followed by the installation of spacers to bring the face of the wheel flush with the body panels. Now that everything is stretched, mounted and put back together, we figured we’d take some shots of the wheels on the car itself to see how it’s standing. Granted, it’s still at the stock ride height, but the proverbial wheels are still in motion, so don’t freak out at the wheel gap just yet.

The stretch turned out just mild enough to cause a stir, but not crazy enough to start pulling in crowds. And that’s exactly how it should be, since flying under the radar is wholly under-appreciated these days:

[edit]Here's us, being masters of the tease once again. What do you see in the second picture?

We also snapped some shots from the aft end of the Carrera, just to see how the spacers and wheels ended up affecting the flushness of everything. And even without adjusting the camber, it looks more or less spot on. The face of the wheels lines up with the body panels, and the universe once again aligns itself:

We're getting some Stance coilovers for this Porsche soon, so we'll make sure to bring it back here for a formal critique.
    Last edited by FluidMotorUnion; 02-09-2011, 05:36 PM.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Not what I would do with a 911 but ok...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeG View Post
      Not what I would do with a 911 but ok...
      Well we're not going to hellaflush it or anything. We just wanted a more uniform look between the body panels and the wheels. The Stance coilovers should bring it down to a respectable height, since the owner still wants it functional.

You'd be surprised how sunken in even the rear wheels were when this thing rolled off the line.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
      www.stanceworks.com

Comment

i think this has potential. personally not a huge fan of the lobster claws, but i do like when factory wheels are at the fenders (which almost has never happened)
        sigpic
        1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
        1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
          [edit]Here's us, being masters of the tease once again. What do you see in the second picture?

Benz? X5? Lancer? Mound of snow?? Gate can't close?? an old school Impala or?? can't tell, I'm squinting here.

Originally posted by Zic
          i think im gonna shoot my self soon. There are SO FREAKING many questions about the e36.

Comment

Originally posted by Okin View Post
            Benz? X5? Lancer? Mound of snow?? Gate can't close?? an old school Impala or?? can't tell, I'm squinting here.
            It's actually a Lincoln Continental, I made the same mistake when it first came off the flatbed. Everybody here hasn't let me live it down yet.

But it's actually the X5. We took it out yesterday, scouting locations for our photoshoot. And we've found the best place ever. You'll all love it.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
            www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Pics, Now.
              Originally posted by anth
              Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Is it 4x4...because the stance is
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteE36M3 View Post
                  Is it 4x4...because the stance is
                  Oh we know it's redonk. We're going to remedy this with a quick trip to our friends at Touge Factory in Elk Grove to snag some Stance GR+.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                  www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Working...
                  X