Custom bag kits for cars without specific kits, lets see them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom bag kits for cars without specific kits, lets see them

After searching for a kit i pretty much realize i have to whip it up myself. Who here has a car where no kits were designed for it but is now riding bags after putting together something? I have an Audi 90 B4 that needs some air before I rub trough another set of CATs. Suggestions? Inexpensive Universal parts for sale? Compressors, tanks, fittings, lines bleh bleh...

Tanks are universal, so as compressors, soft lines and leveling sensors.
    All you need to find is bags and then make custom top mounts for them.
    Measure your shock's/strut's OD and how much clearance you have around strut/shock, also need to decide on length of the bag. This will be your measurements. All you have to do is call around and get prices on the said size bags.

I dont know much about bags though, so maybe someone more knowledgeable will chime in soon.

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

bag over coils is the easiest setup to adapt, the uvair bags are sealed and fit over most struts, they also sell a diy strut kit to make your own

I usually get my stuff from Airassisted.com which has a bunch of different bags
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

bag over coil will be the least headache

airlifts universal strut is pretty cool in thoery but i havent seen on rode in one so i cant say

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by Deevah
          Can you not find anything on ebay or craigslist?

Deevah
          www.south-pak.com
          what in the hell are you talking about?

OP... You are going to need to throw something together yourself, or have custom struts built... My suggestion is get some coilovers... and some universal air aero sport bags and go to work... universal air lists all the specs for their bags on thier site, measure, measure, measure... universal isnt as universal as it sounds so do work...

Comment

Our universals are great!!! Depending on your install I probably have the right set-up for your ride. After getting the right bag and strut set-up, its weld tabs, or mounts and your done. It's actually really easy to build a set.

I did this last year on our universals for Eshift Tuning in NJ.

I just did an Escalade for Rome from Sublime, using our universal bellow struts up front. This is a first for me with these struts on such a large vehicle, so we will see how the ride goes. I used our most aggressive damped strut to try and smooth the ride from such a heavy beast. I used our Dominator 2500's in the rear. I did zero cutting on the truck for this install. Rear bump stops are still in. Nothing crazy as it's his first ride, and being a new driver doesn't make me feel any more comfortable about letting the fronts bury themselves into the wheel liners when down.

Jesse Jenson
            Air Lift Company
            West Coast Sales Manager
            jjenson@airliftcompany.com
            www.airliftcompany.com

Comment

I have a Subaru Legacy and we used a megan coilover and Universal Air bag overs and they work fantastic.
              Sideways Autosalon - Underground Graphics - Grimmspeed - Gillman Subaru - AWD Tuning - Kustoms Unlimited - Prosport

Comment

fully pieced together, custom set-up by hard parker x AR garage:

suspension:
                -universal air, aero sport front bags
                -universal air, air-house II rear bags
                -custom perches f&r
                -modified S8 shocks/struts
                -modified wheel-wells
                -3/8″ air line
                -brass fittings
                -5 gallon texture black aluminum tank
                -airlift auto pilot management
                -accuair VU4 manifold w/interior & exterior exhaust
                -dual 444 viair compressors
                -hard parker garage fabrication & trunk install
                -DBC Tuning/034 motorsport S8 control arm kit
                Last edited by adamsrotors; 02-09-2011, 01:19 PM.
                adam | adam's rotors inc. | info@adamsrotors.com | est. 2006
                customizable factory-fit brake rotors, made-to-order | adamsrotors.com
                follow/like/@/tag @adamsrotors on twitter, instagram, & facebook | #adamsrotors

Comment

Working...
                X