Tune - Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tune - Up

Car is due for a tune up but dont feel like spending 1200 on a tune up from the dealership -__-
    Can I just do it myself or is it recommended to let a shop or dealership do it?

My Inspection Bar is on the red and im worried lol

What kind of car? Are you throwing a CEL? Any weird sounds? Do you know when then belts were last done? Gotta give us some more info.

I typically do all my stuff that I can, fluids/oil/filters/gaskets.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by oHSo EuRo View Post
      Car is due for a tune up but dont feel like spending 1200 on a tune up from the dealership -__-
      Can I just do it myself or is it recommended to let a shop or dealership do it?

My Inspection Bar is on the red and im worried lol
      Need to know what make/model/year engine to stand any chance of helping you. And $1200 for a tune up!? You need to go to a different mechanic!!
      Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster
      Internet high five for you.

Comment

1999 BMW E36 323is, V6, 2.5... I did my oil and braking fluid and anti freeze on my last oil change which was like 2 weeks ago. A little rattling noise which i think is my fan. Idk when the belts were last changed. Car runs perfectly fine.

Comment

Uhh... V6? You sure about that?

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

Yes? lol 6 Cylinder 2.5 liters

Comment

Was pretty sure that all E36's utilized an inline 6 with no V6 engine options (besides of couse the 318ti that had that 4 cyl but was also a trunkless abomonation of an E36).

I don't even own one so what do I know... but I was pretty sure that my E36 knowledge was up to date for the fact that there were no V6 models.

-John

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

Well its an inline 6 but i just say V6 cause im too lazy to type

Comment

You could have easily just done I6.... V6 just makes you seem uneducated about your car.

And there was a regular 318i as well (besides the point).

I would just go to another shop and get a quote from them, unless you are getting your belts replaced, 1200 seems like a ton of money.
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Well.... since you're asking these questions I'm going to recommend a dealer servicing, but you can definitely perform pretty much all your maintenance yourself if you have a decent selection of mechanic's tools, patience, and the ability to do research when necessary. You'll save a ton of money, and learn a lot of useful skills.

Comment

I take a auto collision course at my vocational school and they have a pretty big tool crib... My teacher also happened to work at a BMW dealership for about 20 years or so, so I do have help with what I dont know. He lets me do anything in that class

Comment

Well then do your own maintenance?
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by oHSo EuRo View Post
                          1999 BMW E36 323is, V6, 2.5
                          lolz. i enjoyed this lol.

Comment

grab a paper clip to refresh the engine service light.
                            check your thermostat and, you're water pump.

Comment

Working...
                            X