Noob Question: Parking with bags...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob Question: Parking with bags...

This is a noob question, sorry. But is it better to keep bags deflated or somewhat inflated while parking for longer periods of time? Or does it not matter... Thanks in advance. I'm speaking mainly on stress of the bag and keeping it in good condition.

My friend lets his bagged car sit suring the winter deflated and hasnt had any issues that I know about. Been doing it this way for 3 or 4 years iirc.

Hope this helps.
    Preston
    Stance Wi
    'More then Fitment'
    TDMImports
    Ravage Performance
    My Photo Album

2007 Civic Sedan - Daily whore
    2004 Sentra Specv - Track Car

Comment

when i used to park my truck over the winter months, I would empty the tanks, and let the frame sit on a few blocks of wood.

Comment

^^ smart man!

Comment

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Comment

my cabrio has been parked deflated for a few months now and ive had no issues, I move it around once and a while but not much anymore
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

i would drain the tanks and dump the car all the way down for extensive periods of storage.. THis way, it wouldn't put less stress on the bags/lines/and etc.. If you leave it up, evetually, the car will sink down and air will leak out of the compressor tank.. Its only a matter of time b/c air will always find a way to escape..

Comment

When i got mine fitted i was told by the installer to dump it when i'm parking for any extended length of time above a couple of hours.

it takes the stress off the valves mainly so they'll last a damn sight longer.

I might have taken this a bit literally though as i tend to dump it at every opportunity that comes along.

Comment

Weird never heard any of this before and I have been installing air for about 11 years now. If and when I have stored a car with air on it I always leave 5-10psi in the bags, on the ground or on jack stands.

I don't really see any added stress to the valves or lines being parked. If this was true just driving the car daily would put a world of hurt on the lines and valves. I leave the company xB at ride height whenever its stored. The xB sits about 3 months out of the year, and never loses air. It's all on the install.

I lay the cars out everywhere I go, but when I get home at night I pull in the garage and leave it at ride height. When I get out to the car in the morning its all ready to go.

My guess with installers saying to lay the car out over extended periods of time is just poor labor. We say to lift the car all the way over night just to see if there are any leaks in the system. Your system should not lose air over a couple hour or a couple week period. If so check your gear.
                  Jesse Jenson
                  Air Lift Company
                  West Coast Sales Manager
                  jjenson@airliftcompany.com
                  www.airliftcompany.com

Comment

I'm alittle jealous that your company car has air.
                    sigpic

Comment

Are you serious? I mean...its a fucking air ride company...

Comment

I agree with Jesse 100% hard on any of the components is a cop out. I park my shit dumped because it looks dope... But if I were storing it for long periods I would still dump it, make sure the tank is drained of any water that is in the tank and traps.

Comment

Working...
                        X