Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air ride dead, help please!

Hey guys,

My G35 is on UAS and I got my car impounded for driving on an international license my car has been running like shit . A few days ago, I got a temp license at the DMV and took my car out for a drive. I usually drive lowered (1.5" off the floor) and only raise for bumps. I'm saying this because I'm afraid I might have a leak in my lines as they are installed under the car by the side skirts. I was driving around and then suddenly I heard a pop sound and I pulled over and looked in my trunk. Apparently one of the compressors got out of its bolts and the metal line (connected to the tank) pop off. I didn't think to do anything (pretty stupid huh?) and kept driving. At this point, I still had 40 psi of air in my tank, usually 75 psi, and I realized that my fronts could'nt raise anymore... At this point my car slowly started to get lower and lower and I couldn't do anything about it... I got home as it started to completely frame... worst part was that my apartment complex has 2 HUGE speed bumps before I could get in. I knew I didn't have time to go home and get 2x4s before the car was completely on the ground. I had to squeeze through the most ridiculous amount of space to get through, but I managed to get the car back home. If anyone could give me some insight as to how I could fix this, I would really appreciate it. I can't even get this shit on a tow truck... We tried with a bunch of 2x4s and it still didn't work.

popped off how? that line from the compressor to the tank needs to b put back on.

that line fills your air tank
    Last edited by DriftGirl; 01-28-2011, 07:52 AM.
    *~* Yamaguchi-gumi Syndicate Member #59,005 *~*
    // Bippu-Car \\

Comment

Your compressor isn't hooked up to your tank, how do you expect the tank to fill?

Also, your tank normally only fills to 75psi? Wtf?

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
      Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

So your compressor leader line came off the tank? Well, first, you need to connect it back. And of course it would just keep dropping if a line came off. It's one system unless if there's a one way check valve from tank to valves keeping air from the valves to the bags.
        Originally posted by Jesus Christ
        if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
        Originally posted by Jedidiah
        he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

it's your compressor. valves can hold air only at a certain pressure, and the tank acts like a reservoir for air from the bags to go in when you hit hard bumps or bounce around. if your line isn't hooked up to the compressor, the air WILL leak. it might not show it right away or you might not hear it, but it will leak, little by little. the same exact thing happened to me. my compressor burned out and the air pushed the piston aside until it could leak from the compressor's intake.

Comment

If you have multiple compressors and the leader line to one of them broke, cap it off so the tank can fill. Then get another leader line. Pics would be a great help.
            Jesse Jenson
            Air Lift Company
            West Coast Sales Manager
            jjenson@airliftcompany.com
            www.airliftcompany.com

Comment

first of all you have at least 2 problems.

1. you cant fill your tank since your leader line is off (which you know)
              im interested on how your tank pressure is 75psi? (normally is supposed to be >150, some people with vws run 200psi and thats not a lot compared to the truck scene.

2. Even if your tank is down to 0psi the valves should hold the pressure in your bags, so you have a leak between your valves and bags, including your bags. Take a spray bottle with some soapy water and spray the lines and fittings down and see where it is leaking (of course after you fix the compressor/tank problem)

if your compressor is completely broken, try to buy a schrider valve from somewhere so you can at least fill your tank to raise your system.

Comment

can you please take pics of your current setup so we can see whats going on so we can help you better?

Comment

and see this g35 on the ground

Comment

Working...
                  X