• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO: UK'ers running Bags

anyone running bags on their cars

if you dont mind me asking:

- how much was it to get done,
    - any sacrifices you had to make with the car?

just as i am looking to get my 200 done, for more low at shows and stuff

cheers guys

Plush Automotive mate in leicester, cant recoment luke enough. Id say with confidence that he is the best in the business!

Awsome attention to detail, great service. Altho he is a bit more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

My kit has adjustable damping etc, very happy with it.

Its cost me 3k

Comment

my total cost inc fitting was £2300, and i have Accuair with E-level, twin compressors etc etc.
      The kit is awesome, apart from losing spare wheel (only because i wanted to keep boot space and hidden i made no other sacrifices! best thing ive ever done (mod wise)

Comment

cheers guys.. i am not wanting to blow a whole 3k on it.. but feeling it may be on the cards

think it would reall suit my car sittin a few mm off the ground lol

Comment

Have a word with Havair down in Hastings. Geoff is real helpful and he can offer you a fully custom kit. you can spec it as basic as you want [2-way mechanical valves, single compressor etc] right up to 4 way fully electronic self leveling, 2 compressors etc

And at Havair they use custom Gaz/Havair struts and custom havair topmounts, so no off the shelf uni struts. This reason alone is why i went to them. No one offered e46 struts from the uk, only universal ones from the U.S which arent guaranteed to lay. Geoff specced mine up to my car and wheel/tire dimensions to give me the best chance of laying frame and getting low while still having a decent ride quality.
          i went for 2 way, electronic valves, 8mm lines, 2x viair compressors, 5 gallon tank, viair dual needle dial, remote, and a hidden set up in the wheel well
          this came to around 2600 but that was with their cheaper labour in their 1st year.
          i could have gone four way, digi psi readout, 1 comp and smaller tank for a similar price but i wanted the remote, extra comp and bigger tank etc

you could get the price right down by having one less compressor and a 3 gallon tank, its entirely up to you how little/lot you spend. but if i had to recommend one thing it would be go for electronic valves, i think its only a few hundred quid more and it makes all the difference

or like Maitland said give Luke at Plush a call. hes very helpful and he may be able to supply a full off the shelf kit for you, and he will do an awesome install. its just all down to your budget and what you want the end result to be
          L I K E H E L L D E S I G N

Comment

bit of a bump to this, just sent some emails to both of the companies mentioned so will await replies regarding the new Project P.I.M.P 745 v8

anyone else reccomend any other people other than Havair and Plush

cheers

Cannon

Comment

Originally posted by Pacman View Post
              my total cost inc fitting was £2300, and i have Accuair with E-level, twin compressors etc etc.
              The kit is awesome, apart from losing spare wheel (only because i wanted to keep boot space and hidden i made no other sacrifices! best thing ive ever done (mod wise)
              Where was this from? and what struts/bags?

Comment

Originally posted by matty View Post
                Where was this from? and what struts/bags?
                yeah that ^^

Comment

Working...
                X