X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G60 strut on BMW E30

What is this?
    is that a shock from a golf g60?
    is the shock is smaller than the e30 shocks?

Thanks

Similar but not the same. The diameter, length and gland nut are different. You can use them with modifications but there are better choices out there such as iX struts or GC Koni's.

Comment

so the ix strut is smaller?shorter?
      what i need to go very low with a GC coilover conversion? and the GC kit can go very low?

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
        Similar but not the same. The diameter, length and gland nut are different. You can use them with modifications but there are better choices out there such as iX struts or GC Koni's.
        IIRC the GC konis are the same extermal dimension and based of the g60 strut

iX isnt thoguh

Flickr

Comment

what is IIRC ?
          so if tomorow i gonna buy GC coilover conversion,,,what the best strut i should buy to go lowwwwww

Comment

if i recall correctly

if you have the $, GC will set you up.

Otherwise do some reading around on r3v, there isn't really a "best", it depends on what your goals are

Flickr

Comment

i wanna go low whitout a big budget,,otherwise i will go whit kw v1
              but g60 shock + Gc coilover conversion=????

Comment

Low is going to cost a minumum of $1600 if you really want to get down there with a bolt in kit. FK's are about $1600, a GC kit with shortened housings and camber plates is about $1700 and KW's are around $2000.

Find a pic of an e30 that is as low as you want to go and we'll tell you the most economical way to get there.

Comment

low like them and a gonna run 16 inch wheels

Comment

to get that low (With travel) there are a couple ways of doing it
                    1) you need some GC camber plates or IE (meh) so thats at least 295-360 bucks
                    2) short konis( g60, ix, or some off the shelf ones ) my front two struts were 400 bucks
                    3) shorten your strut housings 2-3 inches, i did 3 (free)
                    4)buy some coil over sleeves, namebrand or ebay idc your option here 120 bucks
                    5) take measurements for spacer
                    6) weld it together
                    7) buy some springs and stick them in!

so i nice homebrew kit that can hang with name brand stuff ($$) cost me 800 bucks.
                    that was just for the konis, and the sleeves, and plates. i was able to cut and measure and weld myself so i figure that saved me a 100/200 bucks

Comment

and what your stance look like pic??

Comment

Those cars are on:

Pic 1- FK 75/50 drop springs, not coils
                        Pic 2- GC's and g60 struts, not sure on the amount shortened
                        Pic 3- GC adjusters and camber plates, stock length strut
                        Pic 4- Front car is KW V1, Rear car is GC with stock length struts, not sure if he has camber plates or not but I don't think he does.

Comment

thank you verry much
                          the 4 pic is the GC adjuster or the coilover kit?

Comment

Originally posted by WillE28 View Post
                            thank you verry much
                            the 4 pic is the GC adjuster or the coilover kit?
                            The adjusters are included in the coilover kit

Comment

i mean the second picture is GC coilover conversion rigth?
                              the 4 is that the conversion or the full
                              BTW i really love the drop of the fk spring ,its looks very great

Comment

Working...
                              X