flickr =/= safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flickr =/= safe

Well, I just inadvertently figured out a way to bypass download permissions on flickr.

I'm using a Greasemonkey script to make BB code, and posting my photos on forums easier. Well, I just noticed that the same script also has the ability to bypass the download permissions that I and others have set on our photos on flickr. I just thought I'd pass this tidbit along in the forum, as I know that many of us use flickr.

In other news, I've started setting up my smugmug page. I was switching to smugmug anyway, because of the ability to use it professionally and have clients order prints directly from my site. This however just kicked my transfering and smugglr'ing in high gear. I'll continure to use flickr for the community, but I doubt that I will host anymore full resolution images there, or use it like I once did.
    I like to modify things.
    flickr
    Inyo Photo
    -Chad

I'm not gonna lie, I dunno what you're talkin about lol

Comment

I have my photos set so that only friends and family can download them off of my flickr page. If anyone else tries to, all they get is spaceball.gif. Well, this plug-in bypasses that.

For those of us that are selling our work, that is a huge breach in the security of our images. If anyone can download them, what is to stop people from doing that, and printing themselves, or downloading them, and then claiming them as their own work?
      I like to modify things.
      flickr
      Inyo Photo
      -Chad

Comment

1. I NEVER post my photos for professional work to ANY hosting site in full rez. any screen capture program can get around the download permissions.

2. I use viewing permissions over download permissions, if you can't see it you can't download it.

Comment

I've posted some of my wedding shots, but not all of them by any means, just for that reason.

And, I'm with you on the viewing permissions, my man. It probably looks like I don't ever upload **** to most people.
          I like to modify things.
          flickr
          Inyo Photo
          -Chad

Comment

my wife refuses to use flickr because there are so many hacks to download images off the site. she got ripped off one time that she knows of and that ended it quick. the jerk posted the actual pictures to facebook and had her as a friend. i dont know the site she uses now but the only people that can access the pictures require password and the max size for the site is 640 so even if they hack the java scripts, they only get small images anymore.

Comment

all you need to do, really, is look at the source, or just take a screen shot (on a mac Command+Shift+Control+4 for the win!)

i've only done it for accounts that arent able to have download permissions on flickr, if that even exists, but just for wallpapers
              Fuck your rusted, sticker bombed, piece of shit car.

Comment

This is old. I post some of my pics to be locked at 640 size. Some guy hacked it and sent me the raw version of the file to fuck with me.

Comment

It probably is old. But, I never really knew the exact way around things, or that it was as easy as a plug-in. Thought others might like to know as well.
                  I like to modify things.
                  flickr
                  Inyo Photo
                  -Chad

Comment

To be 100% if you are worried and really making money off it I wouldn't put but a small handful of shots online. I am sure someone knows how to get into smugmug as well.

Comment

I'm in ur flickrz stealin' ur pikt0rz.

O hi.

Comment

Working...
                      X