e36 exhaust question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e36 exhaust question

guess i put this in the right spot. anyhow guys lookin to do an exhaust on my 328i but im not wantin to drop like a billion dollars for a catback. anybody on here got a custom setup that sounds good that was pretty affordable. vids would help out tremendously. i want somethin deep toned and not super loud, just dont want it all high pitched and raspy.

i think the first and most important question is what do you consider affordable?

Comment

like a billion dollars at least.

go to a local muffler shop and ask a quote for the hi-flow cat install. or check out www.ebay.com

Comment

affordable would be like a couple hundred bucks and i already have headers and an aftermarket midpipe with high flow cats

Comment

If you want ghetto cheap you can always remove the muffler, have straight pipes welded on, remove the cats and have resonators welded in their place.

AmberLamps..... Get rid of them!

Comment

install a cherrybomb glasspack muffler. what companies have you looked at. companies like UUC and Rogue are out of your price range

Comment

See if you can track a standard cat back system off an m3. Good gains over a 328 system and should be reasonablely cheap
              Originally posted by Aubrey107
              I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you don't buy Rotas, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you do, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Comment

well i bought a magnaflow 2 in 2 out muffler and had an exhaust shop weld it up and install 2.25" pipiing from the cats to the muffler and it sounds like absolute shit. its the most raspy crackly high pitched exhaust. so im just gonna throw the stock stuff back on and enjoy the silence.

Comment

While your old one is off, remove the butterfly in one of the pipes. That will give you that nice BMW noise which you are after.
                  Originally posted by Aubrey107
                  I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you don't buy Rotas, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you do, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Comment

It will continue as well so long you have your cats and resonators in there.

Comment

yea i had the butterfly removed before i got myself into this noisy racket lmao

Comment

Keep the butterfly and just get the highflow cats, its what im doing. Whenever the money allows me to do so lol

Comment

Muffler delete. Just lop that bitch off and weld in some 2.5" pipe. Sounds great. There are 4 diff cars here in r.I. That have it including mine.

It's loud... But running cats and resonators sound is spectacular.
                          cars and stuff

Comment

My friend had a 325is, took it to a shop and had a straight pipe welded from his down pipe to the muffler straight back, cut off his o2 sensors in the process. Sounded great. I am iffy on doin a muffler delete because of the police and large fine to go with it when I get pulled over.

Comment

Originally posted by oHSo EuRo View Post
                              My friend had a 325is, took it to a shop and had a straight pipe welded from his down pipe to the muffler straight back, cut off his o2 sensors in the process. Sounded great. I am iffy on doin a muffler delete because of the police and large fine to go with it when I get pulled over.
                              Electric exhuast cut out.
                              (. Y .)

Comment

Working...
                              X