Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

yep cash for clunkers claimed a few.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yep cash for clunkers claimed a few.....

Exotics! 1 e30 m3 and 1 e34 m5, s4's, bentlys, What a bunch of idiots.

No "old-school" media outlet bothered providing readers the full list of every car traded-in under the Cash For Clunkers program because it might be too unwieldy. We know Jalopnik readers demand more. Below, the list of all 690,114 trade-ins.

"Though the most popular vehicle destroyed under Cash For Clunkers was the Ford Explorer, there were also AMGs, Rolls-Royces and even a LaForza crushed. The ten most exotic cars that fools parted with below. Click through if you dare."

chUD..........Asphalt-sux

"Success causes envy , jealousy & hatred from the un-successful !!!! "Gregg Valentino

Add it to the list of reasons I don't like Obama. That plan was fucking stupid.

Comment

Dude...

Comment

I had a customer gladly trade in a 2002 e46 330i, on paper it sounded great with only 30k mikes. Problem is he bought it off ebay and it was a flood car, ran and drove fine but all the electronics and wiring were screwed. Dead power windows, dead radio, almost anything electronic in the car had the kiss of death. He payed just over $6K for it and thought he lucked up and got a steal, then when the car arrived he started noticing things like the cd player didn't work, then the cruise control died, then the windows, ect. The car looked great from the outside and was an awesome driveway decoration. he kept it insured and tagged hoping a tree would fall on it or something of the sort, then along comes CFC and he trades it to the local mazda dealer towards a new 3 for his daugher to drive to college.

on paper = 2002 BMW 330i
        IRL= one busted ass POS BMW.

I respect the man B/C many of my customers would have tossed it right back on ebay and made it someone else's problem, but he ate the loss (he had spent a small fortune trying to repair it before giving up) and took the check to put his daughter in a new car.

So when you look at that list on paper remember that while to you and I an e30 M3 is priceless to someone else it may have been a pit to dump piles of needless money into. While I know where to source an s14 for an m3 that's munched it's motor but you would cry if you were an uninformed customer and a shop handed you a 10k qoute to fix it.

Erik

Comment

Then they should have sold it. Seriously, someone would've offered more than 4500. or put in the 10k and sell it for 17000.

Flickr

Comment

you point me to the people who pay more than $4500 for a stock M3 in need of a motor and plenty of other required work(it's a 20 year old car), I have some cars to sell them.

Some people can barely make their car payments and very few can just cut a check for a 10k repair bill on what to them is "just a car".

Comment

E30 M3s with blown motors are going for FAR more than $4500... that said, I still don't care if CFC took one. lol.

Comment

This is timing chain junked the head b/c the tensiner and rails didn't get done on time, not to mention the other upkeep it was behind on. Insurance will barely pay 10k for them when wrapped around a tree unless you have an agreed value or collectors policy.

Comment

Wow.. I hope all the rarities on the list were lost causes.

Comment

this was a fucking retarded program

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerteck View Post
                      you point me to the people who pay more than $4500 for a stock M3 in need of a motor and plenty of other required work(it's a 20 year old car), I have some cars to sell them.

Some people can barely make their car payments and very few can just cut a check for a 10k repair bill on what to them is "just a car".
                      Really? you got an e30 m3 you wanna sell me?

Ill buy it for 4500..
                      Last edited by Stephen; 10-01-2009, 01:27 PM.

Flickr

Comment

No, but I know do know where a couple are parked that I'd be happy to get a finder's fee for if I don't end up with them. I'm trying to trade a 911 I acquired for one atm. I have also seen several running e30 M3s sell for sub 10k on s14.net this summer though, and they were each in much better shape. If I can sell these each for 4,500 or better I'll happily sell the 2 complete non running cars and trade up to a running example, saves me quite a bit of work.

Comment

How shitty are they? i presume they dont run, but body?

Flickr

Comment

You have PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                              this was a fucking retarded program
                              The program didn't come and take the cars. The owners gladly traded them in. The program was intended for beat up piles and older work trucks. You can't blame the program if some idiot decides to trade in a perfectly good car at a loss.
                              “The first race was conceived when the second car was built.”

+ Josh @ BlownEuros

Comment

Working...
                              X